CCP Official Thread. China Covid-19 Virus Related 🐀 🇨🇳

Nobody knows anything other than what they/we read in the western mainstream media, and personally I don’t believe a word of it.

1 Like

Learn another language.

I will help you with Japanese, not that Japanese media is any better than CNN or BBC. LOL

This is probably the best interview I have watched regarding insights to the CCP regime and MO.

1 Like

The book might be worth reading.

A lot of the things he was talking about in the interview was very familiar to me in terms how the US film industry operates when appeasing China, having worked in this industry while living in Beijing, I know this first hand.

The most salient point Chris Fenton made is about how China tries to undermine other countries sovereignty by dictating what can be said in our country that maybe considered adverse optics for the CCP and that to me is a very significant problem. I agree with him that a divorce is needed but as he puts it the “five bars” two in which are culture and commerce should at least remain as something to work on, but the other three will never improve thus as a country we must stand up for our sovereignty and not compromise our values for the sake of Capitalistic selfish gains.

Good on him to realise this perspective especially considering the human rights violations and the CCP’s repeated breaking of commitments of treaties they previously agreed to.

IMO anybody who supports the CCP while at the same time tries to mouth off about social justice loses all credibility on all issues regarding Human rights and they are nothing more than hypocrites!

1 Like

A similar thing happened in the videogame market.

When Blizzard, World of Warcraft started catering to China. It began ruining the game.

It made me sick after playing it for years.

See the catering?

I have heard about rumblings about the video game market and how certain games were ruined as a result of Chinese influences on them once they were brought into the fold as partners.

The same can be said about the Hong Kong Film industry. Before China took over, Hong Kong movies had their own style of film making, (see Kung Fu Hustle) establishing their own genre of film making. Now it doesn’t even come close to being what it was as all Chinese made movies are total shit, which is why movies coming from SK is filling that void by making cutting edge films.

A year or so ago there was China Usa , high budget, prehistoric Shark movie called MEG. it sounded good, but the movie was pathetic, sterile and Chinese crap. Glad it bombed.

Yes. South Korea has had quite a few great films.

Is Dr. ZHIVAGO banned in China? That is the greatest anti-communist film ever made (although many people sadly fall asleep–it’s so deep)

No, well at least not on the Black Market. Funny thing about when living in Beijing, there are so many DVD stores I used to go to and buy movies for like 10, 20 Kuai and you could find anything. DR Zhivago was one I remember buying.

Interesting thing about Dr Zhivago is that it really captures a period of time in Russian culture that is both fascinating and meditative. The two cross roads of “what if’s”. Most striking is; what if Czar Nicholas decided to stay out of war in WWI and not be spellbound by Rasputin and carried on with the Dumas with a Democratic reformation? Russia today probably would have been vastly different and Stalin probably also would have rotted away in a jail somewhere. Russia is a classic example of Karma and its retribution for very bad causes by a ruling dynasty such as the Romanovs.

More to the point Dr Zhivago was a tragic love story where time is lost to the ravages of revolution. The most endearing image to me is the romanticism of Ice Castles where time stood still but that everything is temporary.

It has so many layers. I must have seen it 30 or more times and every time it’s like watching it anew.

Has censorship been getting stronger more recently? I wonder if it’s discussed at all in Chinese media? Do the Chinese CP go over the black market of films or books they dislike?

I have also read the novel a number of times. Does Beijng have an official list of banned books. I know the various governments in China forced the rewriting of old Chinese classics.

In Hong Kong I can only speak of and recently with the new security law that went into effect the CCP started removing certain books from its public domain such as libraries in recent past week. The black market will always get what it wants despite the risks so while the Gov may try to crack down it’s doubtful they will due to inciting more unrest.

The thing that is most concerning to me, because I own a media company is recent talk about censoring the internet much in a similar way they do in mainland China, with what is often referred to the “Golden Great Wall”! Doing research on the internet takes forever and is frustrating to use. That will be a game changer for many companies here including mine if that happens. IMO Hong Kong days are numbered in terms of attracting international businesses and being an economic hub. The CCP are currently setting up Hainan as the new trade zone that will be tax and duty free and that is where the South China Sea is The Central focus. It is the same calculation the CCP used after the Tiananmen Square massacre where the world condemned China and thus they built Shenzhen as a means of distraction to entice world economies to come and invest. Hainan will be used in the same way while the world is considering decoupling and condemning China for their handling of the virus. That is their strategy right now in hopes it will work the same way. It’s a calculated move by Xi and not sure it is going to work especially considering the SCS being an issue of contention in the international courts.

As far as you can tell, what percentage Mainland Chinese are sympathetic to the HK cause? What percentage of Hongkongers are loyal to CCP?

Well no one in mainland would ever express their sympathies for Hong Kongers for fear of reprisals. There maybe some who do have sympathies but that is a hard question to answer because how does one know of the freedoms of a democratic system if themselves never have experienced such freedoms?

Hong Kongers resent mainland Chinese for several reasons.

1. Anywhere the Chinese move into the cost of real estate shoots up through the roof affecting housing which is a huge issue here as well as the overhead costs of small businesses.

2. China has also been pushing for Mandarin as the main cultural language here within the school systems in HK. The main language is Cantonese and is much older than Mandarin and many Hong Kongers hold that aspect of their culture as a point of deep resentment. Especially towards those who move here from the mainland and can’t speak English or Cantonese and are always expecting Hong Kongers to conform to their ways.

So Master Panda is the hero?
He is fighting for his home, I guess.

I would think there must be independent thinkers in the mainland and dissidents, that admire the relative freedom Hong Kong has been use too. There must be generation of younger, subversive Chinese who access western media and see the totalitarian basis in China.

With all the extreme Poverty, Could the CCP be a house of cards?

Problem is, they don’t think so. They think they live in a great country strong enough to overrun the “capitalist” countries.

Many Americans thought North Vietnam and Afghanistan were a house of cards, just to mention a few.

I don’t know what they think, but their Poverty is extreme and they had promised they were going to wipe out Poverty by 2020. Now say Covid slowed their plans. Look at their Poverty rates and stats. Very severe.

This is probably true, but this information doesn’t help if it doesn’t reach the Chinese population.

A survey by “Borgen Project”. says

10 Facts about Poverty in China:

1. China is one of the top five poorest countries in the world.
  2. One in 10 Chinese is poor.
  3. At least 82 million people in China live below the poverty line.
  4. Two hundred thousand Chinese don’t have access to electricity.
  5. The Chinese yuan is less valuable in areas with a greater gender imbalance.
  6. Close to 70 million earn an annual income of 2,300 yuan ($376).
  7. Over 6 million Chinese don’t have access to clean fuel to heat their homes and cook.
  8. Three-quarters of global poverty reduction between 1990 and 2005 occurred in China.
  9. About 12.3 million people rose above the poverty line in 2013.
  10. Since 2013, the percentage of Chinese living below the poverty line has been cut nearly in half.