Cannoli For Breakfast! Fuck YEAH!

Cannoli for breakfast, OMG I LOVE Cannoli!

2 Likes

We don’t have those here! Those look delish! :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :crazy_face: :crazy_face: :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

Wow! You have no Italian place? Nearly all Italian deli’s/grocery stores/cake stores etc sell Cannoli.

Not American Italian anyway! We get the “Idalia” (which is Mandarin for Italy) brand of things here. Quite different from where I went to college in New York.

1 Like

The best place for Cannoli in LA INCREDIBLY does not have a website, but the best place for Cannoli in LA has got to be the Eagle Rock Italian Bakery and Deli on Colorado Blvd, it’s a legendary Italian Bakery and Deli they have been open since 1949, as well as their Cannoli’s they do amazing Italian Combo sandwiches as well:

^^^^ The above is especially good, Molinari Salami, Honey Baked Ham, Swiss Cheese, chopped olives and all types of salad bits with Mayo.

This is their sandwiches menu:

Here’s a short article about Eagle Rock:

1 Like

That looks so inviting and mouth watering. One thing I really miss here is Greek and Mediterranean crusine! (Chicken Souvlaki)

1 Like

Where are you Doc? Sounds like the middle of nowhere or whatever.

Hong Kong! Its 1:30 am here. I am a night owl! lol!

1 Like

How are things going with Communist China’s control of Hong Kong. Do Americans feel threatened?

1 Like

Hong Kong?! Well I wasn’t expecting that.

I tell you what, Hong Kong has been very exceptional with how they treated me and how they handled COVID. Better than any country I’ve seen so far. As far as China is concerned, not really anything to report on, they’ve been hands off as far as Hong Kong’s internal affairs is concerned, so its been business as usual. No Americans don’t feel threatened, but its the travel nonsense that is aggravating. The 21 day quarantine when returning to Hong Kong from other countries and the borders between Macau and Hong Kong has been a nightmare. It will be 2 years in February that I have not seen my wife and my son. However on that front, there is new developments where foreigners such as myself can now apply for a Visa to China which will allow me to travel to Macau after of course 21 day quarantine at my expense. So I expect to be planning for that soon. Total racket, because someone is making money off of this BS.

2 Likes

Yeah I have been stranded here since February of 2020. My family is in Macau and have not seen them since then. My Son is going to be 3 years old in a couple of weeks and since then I missed him take his first steps. This entire COVID nonsense totally stinks!

3 Likes

That’s pretty tough, the way these bastards have separated families because of the COVID shit, WTF I think people need some compensation for this. Not only parents separated from children but also people not even being able to visit dying loved ones or go to their funerals. Inhuman. Evil.

2 Likes

Yeah I can’t begin to tell you the anger and frustration I feel. I have some bad days some good days. I am thankful for my Church here and the support they have given me, encouraging me to focus on God, which has helped. I have stayed busy and the good news is I will be publishing my first book this year and should be available by Christmas. True story about how my father as undercover DEA agent was kidnapped by Pablo Escobar and my own testimony in the spirit life. I finally had all this time, and its had a remarkable effect releasing all these suppressed memories of him. In a way, seeing my son miss me is what gave me the impetus to finally put it to paper. Painful process, but I am getting there.

2 Likes

These bastards one day must be made to pay, what they have done are Crimes Against Humanity.

I’m so pleased that you have a Church in Hong Kong, what is the Christian situation there?

We always need to try and focus on God and ALWAYS keep our faith with Him.

Your book sounds very interesting, incredible stuff your Dad being kidnapped by Pablo Escobar.

Sometimes God tests us, God has tested you, He has put you through this pain for a reason that only He knows, but you say you are getting there and so you are on your way to passing this test.

1 Like

As an Italian, they are a food group one shouldn’t ignore.

1 Like

Both of my Maternal Grandmothers are Italian, one from Milano, Lombardia the other from Torino, Piemonte.

2 Likes

Measures to limit the spread of the disease…:man_shrugging:
Btw, the iltalian food is great…:+1:

I grew up on those babies ! :heart:

Italy is absolutely beautiful! can’t wait to spend more time there. Two places I want to go when things open up again after we win the revolution is Italy and Austria!