California Man gets 5 years in Prison for Harassing Parkland School shooting victims

And yet, with physical stalking a person has to get a restraining order and are told there isn’t much that can be done. :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

That is not necessarily true. If a woman requests a restraining order in the State of Florida it is practically a rubber stamp always siding with the woman in most cases.

Ever heard the saying “Go to Florida on vacation leave on probation?”

This was sort of a running joke when attorneys swapping stories would always bring up over a few single malts. I was helping out in a case as a favour to a friend that was representing a client who was charged with cyberstalking. The woman who leveled the charges against him had a few a e-mails written by him during a time of breakup. This guy was twisting in the wind for over two years, was falsely arrested, his rights violated and practically bankrupt due to the DA’s overzealous nature to try to get him to plea to a lesser crime. He was innocent and losing everything he had he had nothing to lose and wasn’t going to budge and was determined to go to trial. We were able to win a court motion for discovery deposition of the woman who when deposed revealed so many inconsistencies that the DA was forced to drop all charges. It didn’t end there either, as the man who had to return to court to fight in removing a restraining order was another issue that he was also successful in defeating. Then there was the issue of Seminole county who released his arrest Mug shots to a third party online site that prevented him from qualifying for jobs for many years after this debacle. Needless to say, I can’t see how Florida’s legal system is fair when stuff like this happens to innocent people so the ones who are guilty are not going to be treated any better.

I wasn’t talking about the ease of getting a restraining order.

I’m comparing a man in California cyberstalking families in Florida to a person physically stalking a person.

There isn’t a whole heck of a lot police can do except keep piling up evidence. True victims of stalking are oftentimes left twisting in the wind.

I was because that is the part I am disagreeing with you on. What I might concede is maybe in today’s terms it has gotten harder as the case I mentioned previously happened many years ago so that is possible.

Regardless of the ease or difficulty in getting a restraining order, my point is that I consider physical stalking much more threatening than cyberstalking.

Yet, in this case the guy got 5 years while many victims of physical stalking are basically told there isn’t much that can be done.

I’m pointing out that sometimes something sensational will be taken up by a DA while what I would consider more worthy victims are left hanging. :wink:

Maybe, then again it’s been many years since I stepped foot in a Florida court room so a lot has changed. Just my experience and I have many that would shock you, it’s my opinion that it’s all a racket of predatory attorneys seeking to make a quick buck with their plea bargains. Easy money!

When are the Parkland kids going to get prison time for harassing the law abiding gun owners of America?

Sick bastard. Unfortunately there are a lot of them across the political spectrum.

As much as I dislike them they are not personally harrassing gun owners that I know of.

They are free to campaign against us publicly and their right to do so is protected by the same constitution that preserves our rights to campaign against the anti gun forces and our right to keep and bear as well.

I think the person that comes to mind who were looking for their 15 minutes of fame was the mini Hitler David Hogg.

YA know this guy.

Him and that nasty bald headed dyke.

You mean her?

1 Like

I’d say a good session of being beaten beyond recognition would be enough for a first time offender. Let him be fed through a tube for 5 or 6 months. Then post some photos on line: Rookies take note, don’t make the same mistake I did.

Well, the person being stalked could shoot the stalker. That would work. Legal or not, it would work.

Yep, Emma isn’t it?..

Not sure what her name is and don’t care either as she is just another ANTIFA excrement swab but I seen pictures of her ripping up the constitution.

1 Like

I wonder if dummycrat Schumer will get 5 years for threatening two Supreme Court Justices ? , Just saying ………Right Monty ? :rofl: :rofl:

Unfortunately not, it isn’t actionable criminally.

It damned sure should be.

The SCOTUS should find him in contempt for threatening the court and the senate should expel him but I doubt either is going to even get serious consideration.