Burial at Sea-World War II

Burial at Sea-World War II

As I look at this video, realizing what so many did for me and for my country and then as I look at today’s society and how so many think they are entitled to so much for doing so little it is upsetting.

Our age group may be the last to understand the sacrifices that were made so that we could live in freedom.

This is a very touching video, actually a piece of film that has been made into a video, this is one that is NOT Photo-shopped, it’s real.

Notice in the opening shot of the plane landing on the carrier deck the gunner’s position is all shot to hell while the pilot’s cockpit ahead of it is undamaged.

Later on notice the corpsman taking a fingerprint of the deceased gunner, before the film continues, then shows the chaplain saying final prayers, followed by taps, then the sailors push the aircraft and this patriotic airman over the side and watch it sink into the sea.

This is what 18 year old “kids” were doing in 1944. No safe spaces, no hurtful unthinkable remarks that they couldn’t cope with, just dying for their country so the ungrateful, uninformed, indoctrinated snowflakes of today could act like fools decades later.

This 2 minute video is pretty moving. Worth your while. "What actually made this country great is ordinary guys and women like this doing extraordinary things.”

HTTPS://www.youtube.com/embed/jpt6Bvr2L-s?rel=0&controls=0&showing

With a long series of Navy Men on my mom’s side of the family including WWII vets these videos have special meaning to me.

God bless them all, fair winds, and following seas… .

1 Like

Had to watch that again, thanks for posting it.

I’m reminded of my Granddad telling me about WWII from his first person perspective. He was in the 1st CB’s battalion and was present for the entire Island hopping campaign.

He talked about the horrible, inhuman conditions, the horror of having to bulldoze rotting bodies in tropical heat, using dozers for infantry support/assault vehicles to help defend airfields and take bunkers.

Mostly though he told me tales of the men he knew from literally every walk of life who came together in a way we can’t even imagine today.

Sadly, we are so divided as a nation today I don’t believe we could ever be brought together again in the same way to win, or even survive such a conflict on that grand a scale.

Hell, we couldn’t even stay united for 2 full years following an even more devastating attack than 9-11 for two full years before democrats started using the WOT as a political wedge to divide us again.

Where did we go so wrong?

The younger generations have been programmed to think, more or less; more about themselves…and less about others.

1 Like