Back To School: Teachers Are Ready To Quit Rather Than Put Their Lives At Risk

Brave. So brave. These teachers were so eager to walk off to protest the “orange man” yet are ready to abandon their students. Good, these teachers should quit and let the more qualified in term of technical efficiency and spirit to take over.

1 Like

Good! Makes getting rid of the liberal Marxists out of our school system all the more easier! Good on them! There are plenty of willing able bodied teachers who are more than happy for an opportunity to fill their vacancies and BTW we can also get rid of the teachers union while we are at it!

1 Like

Then fire them and hire teachers who aren’t wusses.

2 Likes

Time to clean house !!! These liberal snowflakes are offended by everything and protest everything . At one time teachers preached how important school was to children , not only for education but many more factors . Today liberals teach HATE and dumb liberal talking points . FIRE THE LOT .

1 Like

Think about all of those pensions that will never get paid out. I hope they all walk off the job.

1 Like

I can understand some not wanting to go back. Especially if they have family members at high risk at home.

Teachers now a day have to pitch in to buy supplies because so many schools are underfunded. Where is the money going to come from to sanitize constantly?

But the kids do have to go back to school so it is kind of a conundrum.

I wouldn’t mind remote learning if it can be pulled off better than it has been. Maybe two days a week in the class room for in person help but being tested every week to make sure they are negative before entering the classroom?

Anyone can be a teacher. I hope they quit in my town then I can get a job teaching. would like all those months off.

Been a teacher. Lawyers made it impossible to teach. Let em quite. Get jobs that pay well. Let the lawyers wring their grubby hands about home schooling.

Politicians will find a way to legislate mandatory teaching/school attendance. Oh, wait! They are already 50% there!

Home schooling only way to go.

2 Likes

Not the teachers down here in Florida. They know there is a job to be done. In one county, teachers are leaving the profession because the money is not enough to afford the rising housing costs. But teachers who stay on the job aren’t afraid to do their job.

(Well, maybe Broward County might be the exception. Everyone laughs at that retard county.)

2 Likes

I heard a good one this morning: The Covid-19 virus is so worrisome that we need to release prisoners; yet so insignificant that we need to send our children back to school.

Go figure…

1 Like

The “man children” that we failed are more important than the future children that we will fail to raise anyway, such is leftist logic.

1 Like

Correction:
Here’s one- politicians release thousands of criminals onto the streets because ACLU ambulance chasers would otherwise sue for lack of protecting criminals sufficiently. Teachers are afraid of covid and that the self important, grievance foraging children they indoctrinated may show them the same lack of respect or regard they encouraged toward other authority figures.

1 Like

Well no that certainly isn’t true. In most states the requirements for teacher certification are pretty stringent especially the background checks.

I work as a substitute teacher in two Florida counties. In both, I get quite a few hits were the teacher I’m subbing for is listed as “Vacancy.” That means the teacher quit the profession, either from fear of Covid 19 or for a more lucrative career. In one county, teachers were leaving the profession because their salaries weren’t enough for them to afford to buy a house in the area. And sure enough, their degrees and academic credentials got them other gigs in the private sector. In one high school, I inherited a class where the teacher was a lawyer who had just accepted a position in a law office in Orlando and left the class with zero notice. Doesn’t happen that often, but it did happen there. The teachers who stay behind have it tough, a lot from having to deal with mask issues and classroom cleaning. But also, they are dealing with the HC crowd (Home Connect) who continue their classes at home through Google Classroom. I wouldn’t want to be a real teacher in this environment. But as a sub, my phone rings off the hook every day. I can pick and choose the assignments I want. And Florida has the best schools in the country. Life is good.

That is debatable especially considering they come in at the lowest end in national testing standards.

Oh, I agree that during Democrat administrations Florida’s schools were totally at the bottom of the heap. One of the very few good things Jeb Bush did in his low achieving political career was to reform Florida’s education system. He took schools that were at the bottom of the heap and in eight years shot them to the top of the country. Since then, FLorida has been careful to keep our Republican leadership, which is why we have been graduating the most brilliant students in the country. Maybe not ALL of Florida. (Broward County does have quite a few WOKE idiots who prefer to indoctrinate rather than teach.) But Florida is the most intelligent state in the Union. That part is not even close to being debatable.

1 Like