Atlas Shrugged - I'm Getting Mad

The narrator of that clip you posted. He said something to effect that Hank Rearden was doing it for himself. But in reality his steel is being used to build bridges, building etc while employing thousands with good paying jobs…revenue that IS helping the collective.

What libs recent is how Hank Rearden is earning he money. But to say he isn’t doing it for good of collective is wrong. He’s doing more for collective then any goverment bureaucracy IMO.

He’s actually producing wealth that filters throughout the economy. :wink:

I had that problem with Follett’s The Pillars of the Earth

What greater wealth is there than to own your life and to spend it on growing? Every living thing must grow. It can’t stand still. It must grow or perish.

“Charity is a gift of the Heart, not by force of Gov’t”.-Me

He’s actually one of my favorite actors. If you like cop shows at all watch “Chicago PD”.

1 Like

That’s what he pointed out while pleading his case.

Its a book about earthquakes, right?

I used to give my AP Lit & Comp students “Fountainhead” with the admonition that given their proclivity for not reading assigned works, and the importance of what this book contained- this would not be assigned_, and was completely optional. About half of each class read the book, and they were mostly high B and A level students.

He certainly likes the stage name ‘Hank’… I think his personality isn’t much different in real life… hear he can be … difficult… on set.

I liked the guy who played Reardon in Part 1 better.

The abuse of the commerce clause is another good example.

1 Like

The EPA. Another good example.

Indeed, unless something factually is commerce among the several States it shouldn’t matter one jot if it somehow affects commerce. The federal has no delegated power to regulate things that merely affect interstate commerce but aren’t interstate commerce, or which are intrastate commerce. Never mind that the clause was there not to permit the federal to manage what private persons or entities do when they choose to engage in commerce but to give Congress some means to prevent the State’s from abusing their own regulatory powers at the expense of the citizens of other States, to make commerce regular … not managed. And there’s no justification to flatly assume all commerce is among the several states as a pretext to the power grab.

3 Likes

Great post. Well done.

Is the mini series better than the movies ( part 1 to 3) the movies sucked.
Part one was promising the rest just sucked.

I think it’s the same thing. I probably used the wrong terminology.

was the mini series part one to three? and had three different cast members?

Just like the courts gave themselves the ability to rewrite the constitution they gave congress the power to regulate anything that affects commerce in any way.

When the courts ruled and upheld said ruling that a farmer using his own seed was affecting interstate commerce by not buying commercially produced seed the commerce clause was completely undone and no longer had any meaning at all.

Yes. Exactly that…

okay, it was the movie version , and it did suck.

although I did like part one the best, I wish they kept the same cast and theme.