Arizona Woman Facing Hundreds of Dollars in Government Fines for Flying Trump Flag on Her Property

Oh say can you see!

6tckqcV0

An Arizona woman was told last month that she must remove the Trump 2020 flag that currently flies above her property.

According to Prescott Valley officials, homeowner Tawney Baccellia was in violation of a city ordinance that prohibits the flying of political flags any more than two months before, or one month after, an election.

The ordinance also requires that political flags not be flown below an American flag.

Should Baccellia fail to remove her innocuous display of support for President Donald Trump’s re-election, she faces hundreds of dollars in fines from the local government, KSAZ-TV reported.

“It was shocking that someone would try to tell me what I can and can’t fly in my own yard,” Baccellia told the outlet.

1 Like

The days of every red-blooded American marching in the streets with torches and pitchforks is long overdue. These politicians all live somewhere. Maybe it’s time we start making our presence known in front of their homes. Let’s see how much they like being disturbed and being told what to do on their property. As long as a demonstration is on the sidewalk people have the right to assemble peacefully.

1 Like

Arizona is becoming more and more like California with every passing day.

This is blatantly unconstitutional and this woman should keep flying her flag while at the same time suing the daylights out of her town and recouping all of the taxes she has handed over to them over the years.

1 Like

Rights are God given and begin with private property and individual sovereignty. With private property comes the right to exclusion. This woman has the right to exclude others from interfering with the use of her property. The government is disregarding the social contract and the agreed upon notion of private property and gleefully trampling upon this woman’s God given rights while simultaneously extracting wealth and resources. This is disgusting.

4 Likes

Unless my vision is bad, the Trump flag is being flown below the U.S. flag. This is an unwarranted intrusion into someone’s rights to freedom of expression.
If we can fly the ■■■ Flagor any other flag’s of the Liberal Left, we can fly any flag including those of white supremacists etc as freedom of expression whether local government agreed or not. The Constitution guarantees these rights.

1 Like

Your vision is correct. In fact it is a pro-law enforcement American flag. That’s apparently why she isn’t so much trouble. The city has an ordinance that political flags can’t be flown one month after or two months before an election and political flags can’t be flown beneath a US flag. She has a lot of violations because of these stupid laws. It’s her property she should be able to do what she wants.

2 Likes

I.d rather fly the “MAGA” than a Trump flag. That’s just me, but it would be less triggering to the TDS crowd, but more infuriating to the local government. Nevertheless I hope she is at least weighing her options and she finds a legal means to strike these laws down as they seem unconstitutional.

2 Likes

Like it or not this should simply be a First Amendment Issue, the ordinance is unconstitutional on it’s face.

2 Likes

But libs are ok with Mexican flags …

2 Likes

Ok FF, so she violated city ordinance. The same thing would happen to someone flying a Biden flag outside the allowed timeframe.

She can’t sue the city having violated city LAW! Aren’t you guys the party of law and order. There’s a way to do this, and you know what it is.

City ordinance allows the flying of political flags two months prior and one month post elections. Fly it then, or support a city government that will amend the ordinance to your liking.

Of course she can, it’s a clear civil rights case.

2 Likes

Or sue their asses and have the ordinance struck down in court.

1 Like