Angry Shep Smith Cuts into Trump's Speech to Fact-Check Him on Air

Hard news is supposed to be without either left or right bias, just a reporting of the facts.

She ceases to be a reporter or anchor when he starts editorializing.

Fair and balanced means Fox Programming presents both or all sides in the people they interview and who participates in debates. It has nothing to do with the reporters or anchors interjecting their own bias into what is supposed to be hard news programming.

I take no offence.

I didn’t say that TV is natural. I said that the desire to control the narrative is natural. TV is just an effective tool.

More later. I have a lot of catching up to do.

1 Like

Fair and balance doesn’t mean opposing views. It means (unlike BSNBC and CNN) news reporting without being bias to just one view. Being fair is “no matter what the news reporting is” should be without being center and even though it may hurt - it is the truth.
But what is TRUTH these days in the news?
Fox News (back in the 1990’s) was “fair and balance”. Now, they don’t seem to “care one way or another”.

I watch NewsMax. To me, it is concise and “fair and balance”. Unlike Fox News.

Back in the 90’s Fox allowed no opposing views. And btw, Fox presents news and opinion, not just news.

That’s simply a lie on it’s face.

No you don’t. What compels you to watch Fox?

What makes you think she is compelled to watching Fox News? Assume much? What compels you to watch it as you just admitted that you watch Fox News?

That’s s decent news source…

Let Trump shit in his own nest…:wink:

Nice try, but you are having a hard time keeping up Crusty! Trump has been critical of Fox News and calling out their bias as well! Trump more than any president in recent history despite his criticisms of them has made himself available to all of them, something your side who regularly suffers from TDS fails to acknowledge!