Angry Father Confronts Cowardly Antifa Agitators Blocking the Street in Bloomington After They Make His Children Cry

That’s just idiotic. You go ahead and wait for them to break your window… hope you never have to but it’s stupid as hell to wait for masked people surrounding your car to actually attack before you act in self defense. . . and let’s be very clear… have you seen them surround a car without beating on it? I’ve seen quite a few videos and not ONCE were they standing there just minding their own business. They’re little thugs and you trust them if you like… I’m going to act in self defense and I won’t be convicted. . . kind of like the example I posted.

I sincerely hope you don’t find yourself in this position because if you react as you are describing here to such a situation you will end up in prison.

If there is no clear imminent/immediate threat of grave bodily harm or death there is no lawful use of deadly force.

Yet you continue to insist on being wrong.

What we SHOULD do is make it a crime to block traffic and start arresting these little shits before someone gets killed.

No, I’m not wrong, I’m quoting the law exactly as it’s written.

Agreed on the second, but it’s already illegal and the police simply have to enforce existing law.

Let’s go back to this story.

Key point in the story.

The driver told police he was sitting at the intersection when protesters started jumping on his car and threatening him, and he drove into them out of fear.

This is not the situation we’ve been discussing and this is why he was not charged.

Precisely, the threat level differs from one individual to another. All you need is to convince 1 jury to see it your way. Having kids in the vehicle will make that helluva lot easier IMO.

What would a cop do if bunch of mask men surround them?

But again we know their are different standards in our society.

Good post DMK. :wink:

1 Like

Well they wouldn’t accelerate through them unless they demonstrate a deadly threat.

Remember this one? Which way was the guy supposed to go? Backwards?

Tennessee state rep Matthew Hill introduced a bill last week that would shield drivers from civil suits when they run over protesters, if the driver was exercising “due care.” The bill was introduced on February 8 and has been forwarded to the State Senate judiciary committee. A similar bill was introduced last month in North Dakota.

Wonder whatever happened to this Bill?

Protesting is fine, but blocking streets a part of a is not fine. I’d like to know how one obtains a permit to do so? Not everyone knows there is a protest going on for one and two, the person could have an emergency situation and is taking their loved one to the hospital or some such urgent matter. The roadways should not be designed to be randomly infringe upon people from reaching their destinations.

1 Like

The police should not allow the blocking of roads period. If the protestors are in the road, they should be moved to the sidewalks. If they step into the road again, they should be arrested.

That way, they don’t get hurt and the drivers don’t get arrested.

Not everyone is using that particular road for a regular drive. There are circumstances where they cannot be delayed by a bunch of thugs For example, imagine finding out your loved one was taken to the hospital in critical condition. The delay could be all the difference between being able to say goodbye, make a critical medical decision, etc.

Again there is no reason for streets to be allowed to be blocked, unless is it by construction and usually they have flagmen or detour routes clearly marked.

3 Likes

It’s EXACTLY the story we’ve been discussing which is probably the disconnect. Go back and read my previous posts. We’re not talking about a bunch of girls in bikinis holding flowers… we’re talking about masked violent protestors.

No, that wasn’t the scenario at all.

That isn’t the scenario in the OP either.

Go back and read, I’ve said it probably dozen times. It’s also a guy that got OUT of his car in a group of masked Antifa thugs that are known to be violent. The first guy that started this said scare his kids and he’d punch the gas which ignited the fear for your life debate. My first comment was fear for your life is a reason to use deadly force and the law bears that out. There is case after case that proves it.

You can have the last word, I’m bored now. It’s just pointless to keep arguing because you have the right to defend yourself using any weapon at your disposal when you reasonably believe force is necessary to defend yourself. The law is clear.

You’re wrong again.

Clapper disputed that characterization of what unfolded. “I didn’t drive through anyone,” he told American Greatness . “I drove as far as I could. They didn’t move. I parked the car and honked.”

Antifa demonstrators, clad in black and covering their faces with bandana-masks, were caught on video surrounding the man’s car after he honked his horn.

Some of them had “smacked” his car, he explained, making his two sons, ages 6 and 8, cry.

Enraged, Clapper decided to get out of his SUV to confront the 40 or so masked agitators terrorizing his boys. “I got little kids, and you’re scaring them to death,” Clapper told the protesters surrounding his car, according to a reporter on the scene.

“Get out of the f-cking street!” he’s heard yelling in the video.

Clapper pulled at the bandana covering the face of one of the agitators, and barked “take the mask off!”

“You’ve got kids in the car!” one of the activists hollered.

“Yeah, so get the f-ck off the street!” Clapper fired back. Pointing his finger in one of the masked protester’s face, he repeated, “get on the f-cking sidewalk!” He added, “f-cking morons!”

As the agitators retreated, one of them whined, “You’ve accomplished nothing but looking like an a–hole to your kids!”

Another one simpered, “nice f-cking shorts, loser!”

The single father later told the Indiana Daily Student that he had heard about the farmers market controversy but that his actions “weren’t about politics.”

He later told American Greatness that he did it “to stand up for the next potential car with small children.”

Abby Ang, an activist with “No Space for Hate” told the student paper that Clapper’s SUV “seemed to appear out of nowhere.”

Ang told the paper she suspected “traffic could be a problem,” since the protesters were marching in the middle of the street.

Clapper said he was only going 5 to 10 mph as he drove toward the group, but Ang told the IDS that it seemed faster than that.

“I did not see his car until he was right there,” Ang said. “It’s something that can happen very quickly.”

The “No Space for Hate” Facebook page said, “a white man in an SUV with children drove very fast into the side of our group, clipping a marcher with his mirror.”

But Clapper disputed that account. He said the agitators pushed the mirror in when they surrounded his car and banged on his hood.

“Streets are for cars,” Clapper told American Greatness . “Sidewalks are for pedestrians. Pretty simple.”

There was no imminent or immediate threat of grave bodily harm or death. He established that by stepping out of his car and chewing them out which backed them off.

No mention of any weapons or threats, nothing more than banging on his car and pushing his mirror.

Had he accelerated through them and harmed anyone he’d be on his way to charges for aggravated assault or worse.

:sleeping::roll_eyes:

Ok dude. Think what you want. Weapons aren’t the litmus test, it’s fear for your safety but hey, you’re welcome to act any way you want and I’ll err on the side of caution if my family is with me. Surround my car and start beating on it and you’re going to get your ass run over and I won’t do a DAY in jail. . . because the law sides with self defense.

No, it’s what the law and what a reasonable person under the same exact circumstances would perceive as the threat level and whether or not such a threat is imminent or immediate.

No weapons, no attack, no threats of death or grave bodily harm, and you have no lawful use of deadly force.