Amazon rolls out machines that pack orders and replace jobs

Another great idea from the left to make it easier for people to do nothing.

Those who can do, do. Those who cannot do, manage those who can do. On board ship, every engineering space had an Ensign. College degree idiots. Whenever an Ensign fired an order, everyone looked at the Chief. If he nodded his head you followed the Ensign’s order. If it was an idiotic or potentially dangerous order, the Chief would take over. For some reason the Navy believed a junior officer was needed in engineering. Most had no idea what was going on. They were just there. I showed one Ensign how I could lock up the propeller shaft from ahead to a dead stop in 10 seconds, and he actually couldn’t figure out how I did it; and he was watching every move I made. A Naval Academy graduate. You spun the ahead throttle wheel shut, watched the tachometer & opened the astern wheel to gently bring the propeller shaft to a dead stop, then spun the astern throttle shut. A staggering amount of power at your fingertips. That area of ship’s engineering had to have been part of the course at the academy; but I guess that was a class this particular Ensign missed. IT IS A CRITICAL PIECE OF KNOWLEDGE, that is necessary to have control over a ship’s propulsion, if an emergency surfaces & the ship must be slowed or stopped quickly.

1 Like

So how do they move on…sell their shares?

Of course they sell their shares.

As an investor, when a board does something that affects shareholder value I always dump the company.

Exactly! Then ownership just transfers to another name. The board still has to satisfy the shareholders.

Or the value of the shares decrease when supply outweighs demand reducing the value of the company.