ACT OF WAR! Mexican Military Illegally Crosses Border: Disarms and Detains Two U.S. Army Soldiers

This story is completely outrageous. The Mexican military crossed OUR border, detained OUR soldiers at gunpoint, and there were no repercussions? Why are we only hearing about this now? We are getting soft as a country and as a people. This should have been breaking news the moment it happened. We have been told for years now that the Mexican military doesn’t have the capacity to help stop the border crisis on their end…but the minute they think someone crossed into Mexico from the US side of the border - they send their special operators in to deal with the situation. This pisses me off!

Two U.S. Army soldiers sat in an unmarked Chevrolet Tahoe owned by U.S. Customs and Border Protection on the west side of an El Paso County, Texas, Colonia known as Las Pampas.

It was April 13, and the Army sergeant and private had set up a hasty observation post north of the Rio Grande River, but south of the border fence in U.S. territory. The soldiers were members of B Battery, 1st Battalion, 37th Field Artillery Regiment, out of Joint Base Lewis-McChord in Washington.

The unit, part of the southwest border mission President Donald Trump first ordered in October 2018, recently had their deployment extendedto September.

At roughly 2:00 p.m. local time, the soldiers observed five to six individuals dressed in green pixelated military camouflage uniforms and carrying weapons, which appeared to be FX-05 Xiuhcoatl, an assault rifle designed and built for the Mexican armed forces.

The armed men swiftly approached the U.S. service members, crossing over from the Mexican side of the Rio Grande River into U.S. territory, ordering the soldiers out of their vehicle at gunpoint.

What transpired on that afternoon of April 13 near the small town of Clint, Texas, underscores the confusion between the physical location of the border fence and where the geographical U.S.-Mexico border begins and ends.

In Texas, the border fence does not align perfectly with the topography of the precise location of the U.S.-Mexico border—this creates a buffer zone between the actual, often invisible, border and the fence.

Additionally, while parts of the Texas border with Mexico are fenced, much of it is not because of a variety of issues, including ongoing litigation, private-property rights, treaty provisions, and floodplains.

Newsweek obtained a copy of the serious incident report generated 30 minutes after Mexican military members briefly detained and held at gunpoint U.S. military service members after believing the U.S. Army soldiers were in Mexican territory when in fact, the Mexican military had unknowingly crossed into U.S. territory. The report was reviewed by U.S. Army Lieutenant Colonel Timothy D. Gatlin, the commander of 1st Battalion, 37th Field Artillery Regiment and briefed to U.S. Army Lieutenant General Jeffrey Buchanan, the commanding general of U.S. Army North.

The U.S. Army soldiers said the Mexican soldiers moved tactically fast on the unmarked CBP vehicle. The Army soldiers did not have enough reaction time to activate a 911 emergency on their Nano Shout, a cell-phone size two-way satellite GPS tracking device, which also doubles as an emergency beacon when soldiers are in need of additional U.S. military units.

Speaking in Spanish, the Mexican soldiers instructed the sergeant and the private to move to the front of their vehicle where they were “gently searched," according to the incident report.

The sergeant’s service pistol, the Beretta M9, was removed from his hip by the individuals and thrown inside the unmarked U.S. government vehicle.

The U.S. service members reported they did not see “any identifiable seals or symbols on the individual’s vehicle,” and “could not identify any patches or name tapes on the uniform except for the Mexican flags.”

The Deputy Director of public affairs for NORAD and U.S. Northern Command John Cornelio said in a statement to Newsweek on Friday a joint inquiry by U.S. Customs and Border Protection and the Defense Department revealed the gunmen to be Mexican military members, who believed the U.S. Army soldiers were south of the Mexican border.

“After a brief discussion between the soldiers from the two nations, the Mexican military members departed the area. The U.S. soldiers immediately contacted CBP, who responded quickly. Throughout the incident, the U.S. soldiers followed all established procedures and protocols,” the statement said.

The U.S. service members reported hearing someone from the south side yell “Vamonos” in Spanish. The Mexican military members went back to their vehicle, described as a “dark blue Ford pickup truck with a tactical rack in the back.”

The Ford pickup departed the area, heading westbound on the Mexican levee. The U.S. service members did not see any identifiable seals or symbols on the dark blue pickup truck.

After the encounter, the service members notified CBP by service radio. CBP agents responded to their location roughly 10-12 minutes after the incident, according to the report.

Once on site, the CBP agents back-tracked the footprints of the Mexican military members and determined the individuals entered U.S. territory about 50 feet north of the Rio Grande River, said the Army’s serious incident report.

Members of 1st Battalion, 37th Field Artillery Regiment responded to the location to check on the well-being of their soldiers.

1 Like

The article says our soldiers followed protocol. What that is I have no idea.

Two things I find frightening:
The Mexican military moved too fast for them to be able to activate their Nano Shout and no vehicle identification or identification on their person to indicate that these truly were Mexican military.

As the cartels start feeling the financial pinch on the fees they are paid to let immigrants through their territory, or the flow of drugs how would anyone know that these were really Mexican military?

1 Like

That’s a good point. They very well could have been cartel operators. I hadn’t thought about that at first but I did find it odd that the article made no mention of any statements coming from the Mexican military or government. In these mix-ups it’s pretty normal for both sides to issue a statement. That didn’t happen here.

1 Like

When did this happen?

BTW, Tom Clancy (RIP) predicted that the US would eventually have to go in Mexico after it becomes a failed state. I think we are close to that happening soon!

1 Like

The article says April 13th…

Yeah I just read it and its nothing more than Mexican paramilitary unit not knowing where the border is. Hence why a wall is needed and this stuff won’t happen!

Yeah but it’s their responsibility to know where the border is. What do you think would happen if US forces did this to Mexican military? I don’t think it would just be a whoopsie.

That is a good point on second thought, and its def a possibility to consider.

I am all for letting loose daisy cutter’s in territories of the cartels.

I am just going by what the article is saying. It stated they were 50 feet over the border in an area where there is no marking or fencing. It could be an honest mistake, who knows!

Just so I am clear, if there was a violation I am sure those boots on the ground are aware of it, and will stay mum on the issue. I think having a war with Mexico would be what? Shooting fish in a barrel?

In Texas, the border fence does not align perfectly with the topography of the precise location of the U.S.-Mexico border—this creates a buffer zone between the actual, often invisible, border and the fence.

Additionally, while parts of the Texas border with Mexico are fenced, much of it is not because of a variety of issues, including ongoing litigation, private-property rights, treaty provisions, and floodplains.

So there was confusion, but @Southern is absolutely correct:

Thats because we are worth more in terms of political and economical collateral so of course they are on it right away! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

I think I once heard a General saying that would be the scariest 47 seconds of his life.

So if we all acknowledge that, what’s stopping us from changing that right now? We don’t need to be spineless weaklings anymore. We should use our power and never apologize for it. We can solve the border crisis quickly. The same goes for illiegals here currently.

But you are not hearing about it as the MSM has largely ignored it.

1 Like

So this happened…

Our government absolutely wants us to be overrun with the third world. Every part of our government is complicit in this.

According to this story, Hopkins, also known as “Johnny Horton” is a convicted felon. If he had a clean record then the FBI wouldn’t have a case against him. There is the issue, in which I am not sure, but a convicted felon is not allowed to possess a firearm it just depends on the state law in which the convicted felon is from.

"Hector Balderas, New Mexico’s attorney general, described Hopkins as “a dangerous felon who should not have weapons around children and families.”
[/details]

Hopkins, 69, also known as Johnny Horton, was arrested in Sunland Park, New Mexico, on a federal complaint charging him with being a felon in possession of firearms and ammunition, the Federal Bureau of Investigation said in a statement.

So, as liberals have argued (in a different place), making a citizen’s arrest is a violation of the law in New Mexico and this group has no right to detain the illegals. None of the other’s members of the group were arrested so I guess that blows that argument to pieces.

I’m glad to see support for them increase but God help them if they ever shoot anyone, even in self defense.

You think maybe, just maybe, we’ve not only been lied to, we’re still being lied to?

No one else has been arrested. Although the libs are more than happy to post multiple articles about the one guy who was to try to make it appear like there were multiple arrests. :roll_eyes: