A "Well-Regulated Militia." What Does This Mean, Exactly?

Unlike most of the militia groups ANTIFA fits every definition of a domestic terror organization.

… but they serve the purposes of the far Left (which apparently many on the Left now consider moderates) so they get protected.

1 Like

Every single one of these gun owners have there own definition of the constitution and the 2nd. without which they have little argument. The supreme court in our system decides about whether a law is constitutional or not. Got a argument , take it to court.

The 2nd Amendment, in the U.S. Bill of Rights, states: “A well-regulated militia being necessary for a free state - - - - - - - the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.” That’s two statements in one sentence.

Yes, we need clear thinking people to make serious decisions. image

So you want to throw out what you don’t like but demand what you want. That’s not how a republic works.

That’s not true. Everyone with a basic level of reading comprehension can understand what the Second Amendment to the US Constitution says. The problem comes from those on the left who are unable to interpret the words as they were written in December of 1791.

Let me help you understand the English language.

Bull crap, the the highest court in this land say you are full of crap don’t they. every single one of you gun people have your own definition of the constitution and especially the second. A few million different definitions and I call it a clown ACT. The court has decided long ago that laws can be written that make you gun people crawl into you whole and pull the top over you self. All against your goofy interpretation of the second.

You are insane. What part of “shall not be infringed” do you not understand? As soon as these stupid left-wing gun laws make it to the Supreme Court the state and localities walk them back because they know they will get overturned. It’s a scam by corrupt Democrats.

What a hoot. Your the party that hates our government. Secret words sawed off shot guns.

The people that founded this country disliked the government too…that’s why they created the Second Amendment.

You should climb down off of that pedestal and Read The Heller Decision.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/supct/html/07-290.ZO.html

Pontification absent education and comprehension is just BS pouring from a loud speaker.

1 Like

Oh I see! When losing an argument why not go straight to the hyperbolic bullshit! Gotcha! Not partisan are we? Lol! :rofl:

What part of this is unclear to you? “A well-regulated militia being necessary for a free state - - - - - - - ‘the right of the people’ to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.” That’s two statements in one sentence. I SEE NO GREY AREAS ! --------- And for the record, I do not hate our government; but I do not want a government that is out of control. Ever hear of common sense? All the gun laws across the country ( about 20,000 ) do not apply to hardened criminals; they apply to the law abiding citizens, who are the “least likely” to use a gun for criminal purposes.

“Then they took our guns

“Next came gun registration. People were getting injured by guns. Hitler said that the real way to catch criminals (we still had a few) was by matching serial numbers on guns. Most citizens were law abiding and dutifully marched to the police station to register their firearms. Not long afterwards, the police said that it was best for everyone to turn in their guns. The authorities already knew who had them, so it was futile not to comply voluntarily.

Kitty Werthmann

“No more freedom of speech. Anyone who said something against the government was taken away. We knew many people who were arrested, not only ■■■■■ but also priests and ministers who spoke up.

“Totalitarianism didn’t come quickly, it took 5 years from 1938 until 1943, to realize full dictatorship in Austria. Had it happened overnight, my countrymen would have fought to the last breath. Instead, we had creeping gradualism. Now, our only weapons were broom handles. The whole idea sounds almost unbelievable that the state, little by little eroded our freedom.”

It means whatever the court says it means, and no you don’t get your own definition. You people are a hoot.