60-Year-Old Man Dies After Being Mugged for $1 on Christmas Eve

I provided it, I can’t help it if you are too ignorant or lazy to do the work yourself.

Congrats on yet another strawman. Nobody claimed that single parenting is the only factor.

“Broken Homes and a Broken Society”.

No, slightly over 1%.

You provided nothing except for an article locked behind a paywall and other links that did not back up your claim.

The fact is you made a clear statement that has no basis in reality except in your own mind.

You were given three different articles and how to derive the numbers if you’re so obsessed.

None of those articles validated your erroneous statement.

Not obsessed but if you are going to throw out a statement as if its fact dont be surprised when you are questioned on it.

Now if you had preceded it with “in my opinion” or “i believe• then we would not be having this discussion.

Effects of Fatherlessness – Teenage Statistics

63% of all youth suicides,
70% of all teen pregnancies,
71% of all adolescent chemical/substance abusers,
80% of all prison inmates, and
90% of all homeless and runaway children, came from single mother homes.
Bob Ray Sanders, “Hey Y’all, Let’s Fill The Hall (Of Fame), Ft. Worth Star Telegram, Oct.28,2007
Mona Charen, “More Good News Than Bad?”, Washington Times, Mar.16, 2001 (citing Bill Bennett, “The Index of Leading Cultural Indicators: American society at the end of the 20th Century., New York, Broadway Books, 1994)

Children brought up in single mother homes are:
5 times more likely to commit suicide,
9 times more likely to drop out of high school,
10 times more likely to abuse chemical substances,
14 times more likely to commit rape,
20 times more likely to end up in prison,
32 times more likely to run away from home.
Chuck Eddy, “The Daddy Shady Show”, Village Voice, Dec. 31, 2002

I am not arguing that single parent homes and poverty are not contributory factors however the statement I am questioning is “nearly 90% of all violent felons come from A broken home AND the hood” .

Broken homes occur not just in poor deprived areas but affluent areas as well.

Who cares? We all know what the common denominator in the equation is so can everyone please stop spamming the thread with all of this broken home nonsense!

I need to have the figures broken down by race.

Surely there are broken families here in Japan, but the result is not the same as in the US or the UK, as the case may be.

My God ease off that strong coffee ! I miss the part where YOU had something of VALUE to add to the post … SMH :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes:

So have we all. …

1 Like

Back to the thread topic, here is an update to this story!

See video!

We’ve gone insane with goody-two-shoes-ness, and that’s why the punks are so brazen. Give me ‘You feelin’ lucky, Punk? Go ahead, make my day.’ every time.

Most of the population that this crime is originating from is being priced out of NYC due to increasing rents/gentrification, with much of the crime problem moving to Newark, just 9 miles away.

If we didn’t molly-coddle our criminals so much, there wouldn’t be so much crime QED? A short sharp shock is the answer; doesn’t cost a lot to administer, and they won’t re-offend for fear of having to suffer it again.

Sounds disturbingly similar to the defenses people argued for Trayvon Martin. “He’s a good boy, he was just going to the store”.

We’ll be lucky if they don’t let him out on bail.