2020 Race Riots - Open General

This I can watch all day! We need more push back from law enforcement!

Riot Mashup — Best Moments

From what I can tell they had conflicting witness testimony and the Texas Ranger who did the shooting review called it a good shoot.

That ended up with the Grand Jury handing down a “No Bill” decision.

Supposedly the DA has continued the investigation and is planning to refile the case when he’s sure he can get an indictment.

If the ex officer is indicted he has virtually no chance of an acquittal.

Even with civil service protections you can be fired for cause.

When that becomes a problem they can just be suspended indefinitely.

Not the Police Force, The Mayor, City Council, and Their Appointed PC.

Screenshot_4

2 Likes

Sorry TWR. This thread has become one long toilet roll, you will have to quote so I know what you are referring to.

Yes. Of course. Sigh!

That’s an interesting twist on the case. I wonder if there were some lingering animosities between them?

You could also just click on your avatar in the right corner of his post. It will take you to what he was replying to.

Ahh! Thanks for that tip!

1 Like

Who knows? But this has some weird twists and turns when looking at these two backgrounds. This Cop’s prospects is not looking good and seriously doubt he is going to get a fair trial especially when you have a racist like Keith Ellison as the States AG. The Feds may have to step in on this case on the grounds of it being a civil rights issue. How is this Cop going to get a fair trial? The Police Union will have to also file a grievance on those grounds as well.

Watching the zombie apocalypse on the couch be like!!!LMFAO ! :angry:

(loop)

1 Like

1 Like

The race war is so, so close.

370446c4d69bfd20

3 Likes

The Fed’s have no jurisdiction over the state crimes.

At most they could chose to take him into custody and file federal civil rights under color of law and prosecute him federally but that would be the reverse of the norm.

Virtually always they’ll let the state get the first bite at the apple in civil rights cases.

“Fair Trial”?

You could make the claim that since this has become such a massive national story he’d have a hard time getting a fair trial anywhere in the US which pretty well moots the argument at the state level.

I am not really sure what the answer is, but I threw that out there because it appears the options are pretty limited in terms of addressing this issue of a fair trial. He does have the right to challenge this based on the current climate and him getting a fair trial is going to be next to impossible. Then add in the fact when preliminary autopsy reports suggest Floyd didn’t die of asphyxiation, this case will get more complicated as more details emerge.

I read through the prelim, basically right now it remains “undetermined”.

Until there’s a complete autopsy performed including careful examination of his neck and spine I suspect that will remain the case.