1776 commission final report

In recent times, however, a new creed has arisen challenging the original one enshrined in the Declaration of Independence. This new creed, loosely defined as identity politics, has three key features. First, the creed of identity politics defines and divides Americans in terms of collective social identities. According to this new creed, our racial and sexual identities are more important than our common status as individuals equally endowed with fundamental rights.

Second, the creed of identity politics ranks these different racial and social groups in terms of privilege and power, with disproportionate moral worth allotted to each. It divides Americans into two groups: oppressors and victims. The more a group is considered oppressed, the more its members have a moral claim upon the rest of society. As for their supposed oppressors, they must atone and even be punished in perpetuity for their sins and those of their ancestors.

Third, the creed of identity politics teaches that America itself is to blame for oppression. America’s “electric cord” is not the creed of liberty and equality that connects citizens today to each other and to every generation of Americans past, present, and future. Rather, America’s “electric cord” is a heritage of oppression that the majority racial group inflicts upon minority groups, and identity politics is about assigning and absolving guilt for that oppression.

According to this new creed, Americans are not a people defined by their dedication to human equality, but a people defined by their perpetuation of racial and sexual oppression.

As American history teaches, dividing citizens into identity groups, especially on the basis of race, is a recipe for stoking enmity among all citizens. It took the torrent of blood spilled in the Civil War and decades of subsequent struggles to expunge Calhoun’s idea of group hierarchies from American public life. Nevertheless, activists pushing identity politics want to resuscitate a modified version of his ideas, rejecting the Declaration’s principle of equality and defining Americans once again in terms of group hierarchies. They aim to make this the defining creed of American public life, and they have been working for decades to bring it about.

Conclusion

Among the virtues to be cultivated in the American republic, the founders knew that a free people must have a knowledge of the principles and practices of liberty, and an appreciation of their origins and challenges.

While this country has its imperfections, just like any other country, in the annals of history the United States has achieved the greatest degree of personal freedom, security, and prosperity for the greatest proportion of its ownpeopleandforothersaroundtheworld. Theseresultsarethegoodfruitoftheideasthefoundinggeneration expressed as true for all people at all times and places.

An authentic civics education will help rebuild our common bonds, our mutual friendship, and our civic devotion. But we cannot love what we do not know.

This is why civics education, education relating to the citizen, must begin with knowledge, which is, as George Washington reminds us, “the surest basis of public happiness.”

This was a Hegelian Dialectic strategy that was brought about by the Post Modernist cultural theorists of the Frankfurt Institute founded by known Marxists.

Later when I get back on my computer I will post a link of a interview that describes this in more detail in terms of Identity Politics and Post Modernism.

Hey dr.manHOLE…HOWS THE CIRCLE JERKERS CLUB DOING HUH…
I would be glad to hear if you were really enjoying yourself cuz you don’t
seem to be doing it here… mattie Dillion has built up a lot of stress that I
THING YOU RELIEVE WITH A FEW OF YOUR PERSONAL TREATMENTS

Now you’re going to have take the bull by the horns cuz mattie is a hand full
but there’s many here that can attest to you mesmerizing abilities and mouth
jobs to say the least…So just jump on the wagon and offer a freebie to mattie
I’ll bet he never forgets ya!!! huh

@patriot @Tyfoon @KVN

Forum policy

Looks like you have a stalker.