Why the NYT and Government Bureaucrats Don't Tell You the Cost of Action on Climate Change

The world laughs it ass off at the US and is hooping for the green deal to happen. W trash our economy, end manufacturing, the world picks up our discards and flourishes.

Here at home in the US, people are huddled together to say warm as they cannot afford heat. Everyone in bed by 6PM as electricity is expensive. People cannot afford to travel as it’s too expensive.

No thanks. Let’s take them one by one.

Where is the power to tax the square footage of homes given to the federal government in the constitution? In fact that power is expressly denied them

from Sixteenth Amendment to the United States Constitution - Wikipedia

Article I, Section 9, Clause 4:

No Capitation, or other direct, Tax shall be laid, unless in proportion to the Census or Enumeration herein before directed to be taken.

The sixteenth gives the fed the power to tax income, not square footage and number of children.

In addition, larger homes, usually being higher priced homes are generally much better insulated and have more efficient heating and cooling than smaller, cheaper homes. It costs my parents more to heat and cool their 2,000 sq foot home built in 1947 than it does me to heat and cool my 4000 sq foot home built in 1998. almost twice as much.

And if we want to tax children, how about we tax unproductive children who end up costing more in federal welfare than they generate in income tax. That is after all what congress was given the power to tax for, to fund the government, not browbeat citizens into doing their bidding. The children I fathered are great assets to the federal treasury, the government should wish I had more of them because they’ll pay in far more to the treasury than they ever take out.

1 Like

A better idea would be to tax smug Leftists more because they are the ones pushing all these “solutions” that ultimately advance their ideology.

2 Likes

They do that in California today as they whine about not being able to write off their outrageous state income taxes.

Ask the left how they would feel about increasing taxes on people who don’t attend church regularly for comparison. There is plenty of evidence that people who do are much more productive citizens.

shot_3

1 Like