Uncommon Knowledge with David Berlinski on “The Deniable Darwin”

Correct, and a muslims faith and belief in Allah along with the Hindus faith/belief in reincarnation doesn’t make either so.

What criteria do you consider definitive in making something to be so?

Certainly not things taken on faith.

Taken on belief then?

Not for me, evidence. But, there have certainly been issues that I believe in based on reason and logic, but they are always subject to revision. Concerning the existence of matter, and humanity specifically, I have no problem stating ‘I don’t know’

But Darwin’s theories, which certainly aren’t 100% solid, make more sense to me than biblical explanations, or those of other religious stories.

But again, it doesn’t matter, and certainly isn’t worth killing or dying over, IMO.

1 Like

You do realize, don’t you, that more people have been killed or died for Darwinism/atheism than for any religious belief.
All matter from nothing and abiogenesis makes no logical or scientific sense to me. We disagree then.

Nobody should kill or die for that belief system either…would be my point.

But I just finished telling you that I have no problem admitting that I don’t KNOW, the source of matter/life.

But I would remind you that the Bible teaches the same thing, something out of nothing. The first verses of the Bible describe god as making the firmament simply by speaking them into existence.

You’re welcome to believe in that, but it’s far from provable and a pity so many have died and killed over it throughout modern history.

You are wasting your time! This poster attacks people for having beliefs yet their intelligence to post comments without discerning intellectual honesty should tell you enough about the level of respect they show others here! It has an agenda and having discussions based on mutual respect is not one of them!

Again you assert the death toll is due to religious beliefs. This is a myth.
“In the beginning God…” who is not nothing.
His was a supernatural (outside of nature) creation, but so is evolution. Evolution has no explanation, religion does.

Not “THE” death toll, some death tolls. Unless you’re wishing to deny that their have been religious wars…:man_shrugging:

And wholly unprovable, penned by men…

1 Like

Understood, but so far I have not been dissed.
“I won’t be wronged. I won’t be insulted. I won’t be laid a-hand on. I don’t do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.” - J.B. Books

Prove God does not exist.

Sure, as soon as I’m done with these other guys, I’ll start proving a whole host of negatives for you.

In the meantime you prove to me that the Flying Spaghetti Monster doesn’t exist.

Fair enough! Just thought you should know who you are conversing with! It’s pointless and waste of time!

1 Like

Thanks, you just proved my point.

1 Like

I’m just practicing on him for the real debates later on. :wink:

Lol, and what would that point be…:rofl:

Disproving the existence of God.