Trump-supporting model Kathy Zhu stripped of Miss Michigan title for "wrongthink"

Pretty amazing isn’t it.

So do I.

Well, you certainly have more experience than I in the matter as I have never spent time in the ME nor do I aspire to. Not because it wouldn’t be interesting but because of the zealots.

I’d imagine for some, it is a matter of survival. That the religion of the area dictates what women wear, is not the same as women wearing it because of their own personal religious beliefs.

No, not their own beliefs necessarily, in many cases it is forced on non Muslim women venturing abroad or into neighborhoods where that brand of Islam is the rule rather than the exception.

Even here in the US in some communities going without could be putting a woman at serious risk.

I think we are coming from it from alternate perspectives.

I read you as saying it is religious purpose on the part of the woman to wear it.

I am saying it isn’t always about religion for the woman but cultural or, depending on where they are, a matter of survival. They can ditch the hajib the minute they leave the area not thinking twice about it. :wink:

Well whether it is volunary or forced compliance, it’s still rooted in Islamic law and it’s only an issue where Islamic Law is enforced either officially or unofficially.

I saw this earlier today. Good for her for speaking the truth.

But her winning a beauty contest in a White country is a joke. Miss Michigan, sure.

Just watched an interview with her, gutsy gal and I hope she prevails.

Ikr. I’d figure by now that Miss Michigan would be Muslim.

I really don’t think this has to do with issue of a protected class such as “Muslims” (of course there is plenty to talk about that) but more to do with systemic racism against Asians! Asians are at present moment represent more than any other group the wealthiest and are looked at as a privileged class much like the cultural Marxists accuse whites of being! I have seen this narrative creeping up in various articles accusing Asians of being racist, privileged, self centered, hoarding wealth etc., all because they work harder to achieve and have their own opinions that tend to gravitate towards ideas that are consistent with free market principles! It’s even worse for those who support Trump or are openly republican or conservatives!

I don’t think it’s that complicated, she simply voiced opinions and facts that aren’t friendly to the left’s agenda.

No it’s not complicated, I am basing such expressed opinions on a growing trend that I have been reading and I am not alone in those perceptions! Harvard for example has been accused of discrimination against Asians in the admissions process. This of course is just one example out of the many narratives being perpetrated by the left that has target Asians for their success!

Stands behind her tweets so much that somehow they’ve mysteriously been deleted :rofl:

It doesn’t really matter if the tweets were deleted or not now does it. The losers on the left will do whatever they can to destroy their opponents. Even a slight disagreement now means that someone can be targeted to have their lives ruined by the left and their troll brigade. That seems pretty messed up to me.

Of that there is no doubt but I’m not seeing any evidence it’s pervasive beyond Ivy League Admissions.