Trump says he’ll sign executive order for free speech on college campuses

It doesn’t. He doesn’t.

This is perhaps one of the dumbest executives orders he has signed.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.“

Bolded for emphasis…

How would a school be in violation of the first amendment?

Your side left us no choice in the matter. Your side wants to shut down freedom of speech. Had you been even keeled with it, had some respect for others and their views, there would have been no need for an executive order. Now you’re going to cry foul because the parade you created got rained on.

“Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.“

How is “the left” shutting down free speech?

Why lie @Pragmatic ? You know it and similar examples can easily be proven true. You can’t have these posts deleted like maybe you do elsewhere. Here you have to face the whole truth.

I don’t know what you mean by guise, I think it is about free speech.

1 Like

In every way they can possibly conceive to do so.

Dammit I should have know before you provided the article that it would not mean what you initially said it would…

This teacher was fired for breaking the school rules… the school isn’t congress. How can the school be violating someone’s first amendment right?

How? Provide evidence of the “lefty” congress creating laws that deny free speech.

How is this a violation of the first amendment?

I’m not saying it is. I’m saying I think this is a legitimate request from the Federal government.

Why lie @Pragmatic ? You know that you have to face the whole truth here. You cannot rely on hiding the truth. I know that must be a burden on you. So sorry.

The appellate panel concluded that Kennedy could not overcome the fact that he was a district employee and was in violation of the district’s policy. In addition, the panel ruled, his behavior could reasonably be seen as the district’s endorsement of his beliefs, in violation of the Establishment Clause of the U.S. Constitution, which prevents the government from endorsing one religion over another.

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/education/appeals-court-refuses-to-reinstate-bremerton-coach-who-prayed-at-games/

And

The district’s attorney, Michael Tierney, argued that Kennedy’s post-game prayer violated the U.S. Constitution’s Establishment Clause, prohibiting the establishment of a government-sanctioned religion.

Try again, @Pragmatic ? Your parroting of the lib narrative failed here. Maybe you would do better if you could just. make. my. posts. go. away. Then it would be so easy to win a debate, wouldn’t it?

1 Like

Never said lefty congress were creating laws that deny free speech.

The topic is lefty college campuses that deny freedom of speech. Do keep up and stop moving the goal posts, dearie.

“Truth” to someone like @pragmatic is so fluid, slippery and fast moving you’d have to be a ninja to catch it even for one second.

That interpretation has SCOTUS precedent from a few prior cases.

What is the precedent for asserting that schools are violating free speech by denying certain speakers from speaking on their campus?

You still haven’t told me how they were denying free speech? And why Trump feels the need to tie that “denial” to the first amendment?

And so long as those precedents are not overturned, my position is valid. And you have been proven deceptive and trolling… trying to force others to waste time to go find links and to post evidence for things that are common knowledge among those who don’t have TDS. You lied. You were proven wrong. You doubled down. You were proven wrong again. And now you are simply circling back to your original invalid assertion.

Oh… if only you could have my posts deleted! Life would be a dream for you, wouldn’t it?

1 Like

You don’t make any sense…

I was not proven wrong… you changed the subject to something unrelated to the thread. I responded by saying that your high school teacher has several SCOTUS decisions that are not in his favor. The fact that the SCOTUS reusing tk hear the case says all you need to know.

You are changing the subject to avoid talking about this specific EO.

How is a school denying free speech to people that it doesn’t want speaking on their campus? Give details.

Whatever you think of Pragmatic, he is a beast. He is on a very conservative forum and taking on about 5-6 people at once routinely.

That’s true. I acknowledged it before in another thread. Intestinal flu is hard to shake too.

2 Likes