Trump Does The Unthinkable!

I must confess, you have an astonishingly good idea there , Doctor

I’m waiting to see what happens when he’s reelected. What I said, wailing snowflakes are nothing. The next time Trump is elected, I predict mass suicides.

The Trump segment on that video starts at 5:15 and runs to 17:45

It is possible to “Copy the URL at the current time” thus saving us from having to watch the first 5 minutes. That’s the only improvement I can offer.

Nobody is claiming Trump is a saint. The point is he has a history of personal charitable acts the Resistance media avoids.

Trump is constantly vilified so no amount of good works can be considered. In contrast consider Obama’s failure to help his Auntie Z who he spoke so highly of in his first book. She lived in Boston for nearly a decade completely dependent on welfare. It goes to show the difference in outlook, Trump uses his own money to do good works for strangers while Obama saddled taxpayers to take care of a family member. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

What the hell is this ?? DOH ??? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Interesting history, even if one or two anecdotes aren’t entirely accurate.
It’ shows the man is human, not Dr Evil.

I personally prefer people like Bill Gates, who use their great wealth in a systematic way to improve humanity, but every little bit helps.

Respondng to some comments here, I don’t believe that there is a huge difference between people on the Right, and on the Left, when it comes to basic human impulses – the identification with the suffering of others which makes us act generously. Adam Smith spelled it out long ago, in is Theory of Moral Sentiments.

How selfish soever man may be supposed, there are evidently some principles in his nature, which interest him in the fortunes of others, and render their happiness necessary to him, though he derives nothing from it, except the pleasure of seeing it. Of this kind is pity or compassion, the emotion we feel for the misery of others, when we either see it, or are made to conceive it in a very lively manner. That we often derive sorrow from the sorrows of others, is a matter of fact too obvious to require any instances to prove it; for this sentiment, like all the other original passions of human nature, is by no means confined to the virtuous or the humane, though they perhaps may feel it with the most exquisite sensibility. The greatest ruffian, the most hardened violator of the laws of society, is not altogether without it
[From: The Theory of Moral Sentiments - Wikipedia].

Of course, there are some on the Left who would argue that private charity is just a way of diverting our attention from problems that society as a whole should deal with. And some on the Right who believe that almost all misfortune should be addressed by private initiatives, rather than by the state. But most people, Right and Left, don’t agree with this.

So most of us approve of private charity (whether done by individuals directly, or by intermediate institutions like churches and charities), and of some form of state involvement in some cases: most liberals/progressives, I would bet, give to charities; and most conservatives are okay with the government spending our tax dollars to help victims of natural disasters.

Let’s fight about something else: Mr Trump, get out of bed with Saudi Arabia! Elizabeth Warren, stop referring to a would-be cop killer as an innocent “murdered” boy!

There may be a common impulse but as the reactions of Trump, using his money to do good works, and Obama, picking the taxpayers pockets, there is a profound difference in the response. Of course the Left needs to cover their repulsive position by attacking private charities and donors.

One big difference I notice between politicians…conservatives and liberals is their connotation of charity.

Conservatives will gladly give of their own money.

Liberals will gladly give away other people’s money.

One example of a stingy, rich liberal is Al Gore. His charitable giving was a pittance here and a pittance there…not a significant percentage of his income.

Great post , the swamp hated the fact a non politician won the presidency and they were out for blood !!
Road block after road block , dummycrats , rinos , FBI and fake news media attacked the president . We watched the FBI and Obozo interfere with an election and NOTHING was done about that FACT !

Sorry, it was a riposte to @Dr_Manhattan on ‘a little local difficulty’ in which we were engaging. I won’t bore you with the details. :grin:

Done.

Yes. I corrected it so it is cued up to start by skipping the first 5 mins.