The Aviation Enthusiasts Thread

I don’t know if this belongs in this thread but apparently China launched and landed a reusable space plane.

https://youtu.be/PrJ8LgNhrYE

Not sure if this is the right place to ask but I have two sons and hopefully I can encourage them to work in the aviation field other than joining the air cadets at 14 does anybody have advice on how to achieve this goal of working in the commercial airline flights

On a side note my dad use to be a sheet metal worker and worked in the production of harrier jump jet and red arrows

Probably start them off in applying for a baggage handler job and work their way up, as well taking certification courses as it relates to their focus and objectives. That is the best advice I could give for working in the aviation industry. Also serving in the Armed forces helps as well. Such industries like Aviation, Railroad, and other transportation like seeing a service record on a persons CV, Why? It means that the person applying for the job knows chain of command, and respects it, working their way up in their careers by understanding the promotion hierarchy, has an ability to be a conformist and can take orders without questions. Clean cut and keeps their boogers to the grind stone type of personality is what these industries seek, they tend to hire people who want to be lifers in such industries.

I hope this helps, as this has been my experience.

This is not mine, but seems to fit the thread…the best aircraft designer nobody has heard of is the late Curtis Pitts. From author John Ross, 8/4/03

Curtis Pitts died in 2005, age 90.

1 Like

Great story! I saw a lot of these planes growing up at air shows with my Uncle! It was at one of these air shows I got to meet Major Pappy Boyington when I was just a kid! Thanks for sharing!

Sky Hook

This is where the TTT (tapered tubular tower) was erected:

This is how it was done:

XF-88 Voodoo - Supersonic Propeller Jet with Afterburners - YouTube Another strange semi jet.

NASA Aero Spacelines Super Guppy, one of the oldest cargo plane still in Service today.

1 Like

Bell XP-77 - America’s Emergency Fighter (Built from Wood) - YouTube project dumped due to many design flaws.

1 Like

Dude don’t copy the title of the video, press the share option then copy the URL that YouTube provides.

Like this

ok will due…did not know

Cool

:+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: