Texas says it found 95,000 non-citizens on voter rolls; 58,000 have voted

Considering Ken Paxton was at the helm for last 4 years…I’m sure he’s going to question the validity of that report.

After all that would mean he didn’t do anything about it.

1 Like

We do but there is no national standard because states manage their own elections.

My state, Texas, has among the strictest voter ID laws in the country but due to repeatedly court challenges that held up implementation it’s only been in full effect for two election cycles.

The left in this country screams loud and long that there is no voter fraud or that it’s so minor as to not be capable of impacting elections and that voter ID just “disenfranchises minorities”.

Way back in 2001 we passed the Federal Real ID law that was supposed to put a good minimum standard on what an acceptable state ID was but it’s been pretty well gutted in the blue states .

Edit:

Screwed it all up.

The 2000 presidential election was decided by fewer than 500 votes in one state.

I’m not sure I know what you think you’re responding to. I was talking about the list of non citizens generated by the Department of Public Safety. I’ve voted numerous times. Why the personal attack Rose?

Sorry Wiley, hit reply on the wrong post. I’ll fix it.

1 Like

When you vote at the polls you present your voter registration certificate/card, the clerk looks your name up on the voter rolls and stamps “voted” before you are handed a ballot.

The same process is used to track every absentee or “mail in ballot” that is requested and sent.

We’ll add, “I’ve never actually voted” to your impressive list of qualifications.

Looks like this is mostly falling apart upon closer examination by state officials.

Not the first time it’s happened either.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/inaccurate-claims-of-noncitizen-voting-in-texas-reflect-a-growing-trend-in-republican-states/2019/02/06/af376fb0-2994-11e9-b011-d8500644dc98_story.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.84fa27f3cb7b

How is it falling apart? They identified discrepancies, resolved some successfully, some remain outstanding.

The list of names is falling by the thousands.

Every time I’ve ever seen a story uncovering voter fraud in the US on a large scale it eventually gets walked back. Usually due to clerical errors.

So what? There are still thousands of names on there who potentially voted illegally. They are simply identifying questionable information, closing the loop, and pressing ahead where there is still an issue.

Every time it’s brought up, libs start pounding the ‘there is no voter fraud’ drum. I’m used to it.

Seems the only things they really give a cap about defending and making sure ever get infringed are the promise of higher taxes and abortion on demand.

Voter integrity? They don’t give a shit.

Nothing is “falling apart”. What part of “as many as” do you not understand?

Nobody ever claimed that all 95,000 had voted illegally. Some of them most certainly did and will be identified.

You know the drill from the libs:

“Voter fraud does not exist”.

Till we post convictions of those who have been doing it then it switches to, “Well that’s not enough to matter”… .

1 Like

Yep.

It’s predictable.

Well that went well.

Of the 100,000, only 80 of those identified were “potential” problems.

Shocker.

I know you don’t care about voter integrity so I’m not shocked at all by your response.

She’s not even honestly representing what happened. A federal judge shut down the search before it could be completed.