Southern Border Crisis *** UPDATE*** 09/18/2024

The supremacy clause simply states that where state and federal laws conflict federal law supersedes state/local laws.

Apparently it is rocket science.

It seems to escape you that it has not been deemed unconstitutional. Until it has been by any court, and worked its way through to the SCOTUS it remains an enforceable law.

But then again the GOP could refuse to fund it as the democrats refuse to fund border enforcement also a law.

The Supremacy Clause states that the Constitution itself is the Supreme Law of the Land.

Article 1, Section 8 states that all Federal laws must be “necessary and proper for carrying into Execution the enumerated powers” under Article 1, Section 8. There are no other powers vested by the Constitution. The 16th Amendment does not give Congress the power to tax. Article 1, Section 8 does. None of the Bill of Rights give the government power, they specifically place limits on government power. As intended.

The wording is clear. Just because the Judicial branch has declared itself the arbiters of what is or is not Constitutional does not make their actions lawful or Constitutional. We are the final arbiters, not the Court. That comes straight out of the mouths of the people who wrote the Constitution, and I’ll put my money on what they said about what they wrote over the jackholes in our government today who have bastardized what the Founders wrote in order to retain their power over the people, something which our Founders never intended.

Clause two provides that the Constitution, federal laws made pursuant to it, and treaties made under its authority constitute the supreme law of the land. It provides that state courts are bound by the supreme law; in case of conflict between federal and state law, the federal law must be applied. Even state constitutions) are subordinate to federal law.

Article VI, Paragraph 2 of the U.S. Constitution is commonly referred to as the Supremacy Clause. It establishes that the federal constitution, and federal law generally, take precedence over state laws, and even state constitutions. It prohibits states from interfering with the federal government’s exercise of its constitutional powers, and from assuming any functions that are exclusively entrusted to the federal government. It does not, however, allow the federal government to review or veto state laws before they take effect.

This Constitution, and the laws of the United States which shall be made in pursuance thereof; and all treaties made, or which shall be made, under the authority of the United States, shall be the supreme law of the land; and the judges in every state shall be bound thereby, anything in the Constitution or laws of any State to the contrary notwithstanding.

And until the SCOTUS or other court declares the law unconstitutional it remains the law, like it or not.

Quote the entire constitution and the results do not change.

Laws which shall be made in pursuance thereof. Again, the wording is clear.

This is pretty disturbing to watch!

More virtue signaling BS!

They looked like they were getting ready to board an airplane for a vacation.

Democrats get another few dozen voters and more food, shelter, medical care, and education will be taken from Americans that paid into the system. In return, we get at least one or two rapists, thieves, drunks, or murderers in that bunch.

Looks like things might be escalating. Again.

There is another thread dedicated to this same story! However that being said, it seems that MSM is now spreading this news.

Yeah, I missed that thread. Funny how this is just NOW coming out. Damage control, probably.

More updates here.

The Mexican Federales are now taking action. Maybe there are starting to realize that their cash cow is about to go mad.

Here Thomas Friedman is now saying a wall is absolutely necessary. This is guy is as liberal as they come!

1 Like

Trump Now Sending Armed US Soldiers to the Border!

And their ROE will still be extremely limited. They won’t be able to fire on anyone without first being fired upon and getting permission to return fire.

If the accidentally shoot anyone who is unarmed they’ll also be tried for murder/attempted murder.

They are probably going there to baby sit the Militias.

I posted this on the other thread yesterday, but I will post it here seeing no one read it. I was pretty livid about this story! Still am! Anyway, this guys Militia abandoned camp due to the heated scrutiny it was getting after Hopkins arrest.

1 Like

To be expected, he’ll have a huge target on his back from the Mexican gangs the whole time he’s in.

The Detention Center staff should be up on charges for not keeping him in protective custody.