Southern Border Crisis *** UPDATE*** 04/24/2024

We need to start removing judges for such extra constitutional rulings.

I didn’t consider the civil war part and is a good point!

You’d see the southern 1/3 of the nation in a complete meltdown and sporadic widespread violence in most of the major cities of the US over it.

In the first 30 seconds of this clip illegals drive right through into the US! WTH?

There are several hundred miles of “Vehicle Only Barrier” like that which are being replaced and that’s been ongoing since about three months after the administration took office.

Those types of breeches by smugglers are common.

Yeah and these are the areas that need a wall the most!

Best case so far!

Not necessarily, most of them are very remote. Where we need the most effective barriers soonest is closest to the population centers and major roads.

That barrier definitely needs replacement but location is more critical than type. The Deserts in AZ, NM, and CA provide some very effective geographical barriers themselves. Hundreds die each year crossing them due to heat and running out of water.

Much of the border particularly in Texas is marked by nothing at all or maybe just a four or five wire barbed wire stock fence.

Looks like a wall wasn’t such a supposedly daft idea as it first seemed then, because it’s the only solution. Recently I watched a documentary about the endemic criminality in Ecuador and it’s beyond belief; the only thing parents want to do is get their kids away from it, and who wouldn’t want to?

Effective barriers are essential period for numerous reasons starting with controlling the criminals crossing the border and the goods, guns, money, drugs etc that they are smuggling.

Controlling the flow of immigrants is a part of it for sure, particularly now with the rush on the border but in the long run it’s a minor part of the equation.

Once we get effective security on the border and stop this mad rush taking advantage of the asylum laws we’ll be back to the need we’ve been ignoring for decades which is to control the criminal activity along the border.

How can you not offer refuge to a family who want to get their children to safety?

I used to think that, but now I know it isn’t as easy as it seems. Especially for Ecuadorians; they’ll be killed before they could complete the application form.

Easily. Sad as it is they aren’t our problem. It’s not the obligation of the US to accept the hundred million plus people living in dangerous countries today.

Maybe if they have no where left to go they’ll figure out a way to solve their own problems at home.

As for Ecuador it doesn’t even make the top of the list of the most dangerous countries in our own hemisphere.

https://www.numbeo.com/crime/rankings_by_country.jsp

Well that certainly isn’t true. Let’s stick with reality.

Use to think what? It probably would be useful if you use the quote feature so I know what it is you are talking about!

I referred to the text of the video. Sorry, I’m multi-tasking.

Which video? I post a couple here! Lol!

Er, the most recent?

It isn’t meant to be ‘true’, just a way of letting you know how bad it is in Ecuador.