Raising and Eating Sheep

We kept rotating our animals…always looking for ways to improve our stock. But if you’re happy with production and are good mothers then you’re OK. Seems to recall after certain point mothers will start abandoned their offspring’s. I remember having to bottle feed some of them. Of course the mothers gets executed for diner.

1 Like

If not for me, these sheep would be slaves in a sex brothel somewhere in the Middle Easy.

You’re welcome for my service! :stuck_out_tongue: :rofl:

1 Like

LOL seek help…

1 Like

The idea here is not about quantity or profit, but by sustaining nutrition at a net benefit to my wallet, with as little physical labor as humanely possible (the latter part being by far the most important).

Just dont let me have to read your mixed up with some Hollywood types…hmmmmm

I hear you. The problem I see starting with fresh stock every 9 years is you don’t have older stock showing younger ones the ropes.

You may get only couple that are nature mothers and then you’re up all night bottle feeding the rest.

I’m just trying to remember what we did. After dad died we got rid of the sheep.

Hollywood…? You mean like this scary bitch?? lol

You didn’t!!!@@@@@@!!!#agetoutofjailcardonce

1 Like

But for real though, I only hang out with the “good” Hollywood actors. :sunglasses:

Hate to ask…who are they?

1 Like

Good for you, Six. :+1::+1:

And what a great thread. You do what you need to do and that is that.:hugs:

I drive from SW Florida to NC once a year to get fresh, grass fed beef to stock my freezer. Brasstown Beef is where I go to stock up.

Keep at it, Six. If I can buy from you let me know in a PM and I’ll do it in a heartbeat, my friend.

Umm. BTW, any good recipes for rack of lamb???

1 Like

It wouldn’t be very cost effective for either of us if I mailed it because I’m too small scale, but if you happen to be in Missouri the next time I have some to sell, I’ll reserve half a lamb for you to choose from.

As far as recipes, anything with rosemary, thyme, garlic, and red wine will always come out a winner, but as far as I’m concerned, this can be flavored up just like any kind of steak and still taste amazing. I even grilled a half rack once with Baby Ray’s Honey BBQ sauce and everyone loved it (except for me, because it wasn’t tender enough IMO).

Cost effective is my choice :wink:

Found a pic of some lamb stew I made last year. Warms my belly just looking at it. :drooling_face:

Leg chump (shank off), parsley, thyme, garlic, onion, carrots, potatoes, and lamb stock (store-bought stock). Lowe temp for 10 hours, carrots and potatoes added 8 hours in, parsley added 20 minutes prior to eating.

That looks great! Seems similar to a recipe I have. Good gawds, it takes me forever to make.

Lamb meat is dipped in flour and browned in bacon fat. Bacon (of course) is added to the stew. And, I add red wine to reduce.

Turnips are a great add in as well.

Plus guiness beer about an hour before serving.

The parsley is make or break. Needs to be fresh.

1 Like