Official Coronavirus Non-Political Thread: Facts and Updates ⛑

But for the fact that I disapprove of “retard” used as a noun, I would give that a thumbs up.

you should read it again…

It’s not .9% of the total population.

150 is the number of deaths absent comorbidity, out of the 16,000 plus to date.

1 Like

Good grief, was that a lobotomy? :flushed:

2 Likes

http://www.neurologytimes.com/stroke/ondines-curse-causes-symptoms-and-treatment

Death penalty states urged to turn over lethal injection drugs to help critically ill coronavirus patients

Death penalty states have been asked to hand over their stockpiles of drugs used in lethal injections to instead help save the lives of hundreds of patients admitted to intensive care units after contracting the coronavirus.

Seven medical practitioners and experts addressed a letter to state correctional facility directors urging them to turn over their supplies of sedatives and paralytics to hospitals where they can be used for intubation and mechanical ventilation in critically ill COVID-19 patients.

“Health care workers across the United States are facing unprecedented shortages of vital resources needed to battle COVID-19,” the letter said. Scarce resources include not only ventilators and masks, but also key medicines such as sedatives and paralytics needed for intubation and mechanical ventilation.

World Health Organization prepares for cuts amid coronavirus criticism

The World Health Organization is going on defense amid mounting public criticism over its handling of the coronavirus pandemic — as the embattled agency reportedly braces for President Trump to restrict its funding, or even replace it altogether by funneling funding to other existing health organizations.

Key Trump administration figures, including Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, are reportedly preparing recommendations for the commander-in-chief on how best to cut payments to WHO, according to the Washington Post.

The move comes as the organization has spent days defending its actions in the wake of criticism from public health and administration officials, as well as from allies of the president — some going as far as calling for an investigation into its coronavirus response.

Amazon putting new online grocery shoppers on a waiting list

Amazon is putting new grocery delivery customers on a waiting list as it struggles with “unprecedented” demand for the service, the e-commerce company said Sunday. The company is also shortening shopping hours at some Whole Foods stores to give workers more time to handle online orders.

“We are temporarily asking new Amazon Fresh and Whole Foods Market delivery and pickup customers to sign up for an invitation to use online grocery delivery and pickup,” Amazon said on its corporate blog, adding that it would bring on new customers and expand capacity every week.

1 Like

Even though, they are saying it is slowing down on the death from the Covid-19. I am sure the numbers are going to continue to climb - regardless of what officials are (really) saying.

I would not be surprised to see numbers be at or around 25,000 by April 30th.

1 Like

This is a very interesting article that is making a bold claim. If true we maybe seeing an abstention of new outbreaks.

1 Like

Another antiviral that shows promise:

Its drug Remdesivir, according to Statnews.com, showed effectiveness for treating COVID-19 patients. Shares of Gilead rose over 8 percent in premarket trading.

A recent clinical trial of Remdesivir, an antiviral medicine used as a potential treatment for Ebola, found rapid recoveries in coronavirus patients’ fever and respiratory symptoms.

The trial, conducted by the University of Chicago Medicine, found nearly all patients who were given daily infusions of Remdesivir were discharged from the hospital in less than a week.

Yes I saw that. I also things opening up including backtracking by certain Governor’s to move up dates of opening the economy up again.

I got to attend a lecture by this guy back in the late 80’s.

In any case, this thesis, defended by Professor Luc Montagnier, has a positive turn. According to him, the altered elements of this virus are eliminated as it spreads: “Nature does not accept any molecular tinkering, it will eliminate these unnatural changes and even if nothing is done, things will get better, but unfortunately after many deaths.”

At least there is something of a silver lining in his thesis.

He certainly has the credibility to weigh what he has to say. I remember a lot of early reports that this was man made due to the HIV aspect.

M thoughts as well, as he does offer a sobering perspective, good and bad. I’ve had this gut feeling for a while that this was an engineered virus. Its a specific feeling that feels like betrayal, and usually when I feel that, I am usually right.