Official Coronavirus Non-Political Thread: Facts and Updates ⛑

That’s not what it says smoothbrain. This also isn’t a medical study. It’s an OPINION poll of doctors.

Where did this come from ChingChang?

1 Like

The hydroxychloroquine + antibiotics drug cocktail works because people aren’t dying from coronavirus/covid-19 - they are dying from unrelated preexisting infections - and those go away when aggressively treated with this novel anti-malaria anti-bacteria combination.

From my understanding it is the bodies immune response. Basically, it is so strong the body winds up killing itself. The hydroxychloroquine + antibiotics drug cocktail works to suppress the immune response so that organs do not start to shut down.

That is exactly how I understood it as well.

Quick update on black comorbidity rates. Racism.

1 Like

I don’t have access to healthy and fresh food right now. I have whatever is left in the pantry and the freezer. Whatever I’m eating is way better than what these thug trash losers eat. Buckets of KFC and gallons of grape drank. It’s not my fault that blacks don’t want to go out and buy an apple once in awhile. Not now. Not ever.

1 Like

Worst pandemic in 100 years

Black Nurses: DAMN, GIRL! WE SHUD MAKE A TWERKIN’ VIDEO!!

1 Like

It’s kind of ironic that the media was wetting themselves over the fact that all our national intelligence agencies were now run by women in January and we were blindsided by Coronavirus.

There needs to be a lead pandemic.

This is pretty staggering!

CDC admits to lying about Covid death totals

WTF?

South Korea reports recovered coronavirus patients testing positive again

South Korean officials on Friday reported 91 patients thought cleared of the new coronavirus had tested positive again.

Jeong Eun-kyeong, director of the Korea Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (KCDC), told a briefing that the virus may have been “reactivated” rather than the patients being re-infected.

South Korean health officials said it remains unclear what is behind the trend, with epidemiological investigations still under way.

The prospect of people being re-infected with the virus is of international concern, as many countries are hoping that infected populations will develop sufficient immunity to prevent a resurgence of the pandemic.

The South Korean figure had risen from 51 such cases on Monday.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-southkorea/south-korea-reports-recovered-coronavirus-patients-testing-positive-again-idUSKCN21S15X

COVID-19 spreading rapidly in Africa: WHO

With more than 10,000 cases, the novel coronavirus is fast spreading across Africa, and a lot of work needs to be done, the World Health Organization said on Thursday.

“This pandemic is continuing to rapidly evolve in Africa. There are now more than 10,000 confirmed cases across the African continent and over 500 people have died,” Matshidiso Moeti, WHO’s regional director for Africa, told a joint media briefing with the World Economic Forum.

She said recovery rates in Africa are at 9.4% – slightly lower than that of other regions.

This is because, Moeti said, “there are people in our region with pre-existing health conditions and health systems are weaker.”

She went on to say that a lot of work needs to be done as the continent is “facing massive challenges in terms of procurement of supplies and equipment that is needed.”

“As the epidemic spreads to provinces and districts, the response needs to decentralize – expanding testing capacities beyond capital cities, using the existing polio infrastructure, and engaging community health workers, volunteers and partners,” according to the WHO official.

Moeti said 18 countries in Africa still have fewer than 20 confirmed coronavirus cases, and there is still an opportunity to contain the threat.

https://www.aa.com.tr/en/africa/covid-19-spreading-rapidly-in-africa-who-/1798673

1 Like

Finally some good news.

1 Like

FROM THE NUMBERS: Only 150 Americans to Date With No Pre-Existing Conditions Have Died From the Coronavirus or 0.9%

Very few Americans are dying to date from the coronavirus who had no pre-existing conditions. Based on the most recent data, this number will shock you.

As of this morning, April 10, 2020, there are now 16,697 Americans who have died who had the coronavirus and more than 96,000 world-wide.

But this data is misleading because the most recent data shows that only .9% of deaths related to the coronavirus are related to individuals with no comorbidity (i.e. pre-existing conditions):

So I have to lose my job and my future prospects for 10 years because this country is nothing but a bunch of fat fucks with shitty genetics?

I’m no mathematician…but I’m pretty sure 150 people does not equal 0.9% of the population.

Dairy farmers forced to dump milk as schools and restaurants close

Even before the novel coronavirus brought the country to an economic standstill, family farmers were struggling. In 2019, Chapter 12 family farm bankruptcies increased nearly 20% over 2018, according to the American Farm Bureau Federation. Wisconsin saw the highest number of family farms filing for bankruptcy, yet dairy farmers in the state known as “America’s dairyland” were hopeful that 2020 would bring sunnier weather.

Milk prices and production were both rising in January, year over year, according to USDA reports, which was welcome news to dairy farmers. But that same month, the first case of COVID-19 was diagnosed in the U.S. By March, schools were shutting down, restaurants closed or limited service to takeout or delivery, and grocery stores began limiting the number of dairy products customers could purchase. As a result, dairy farmers around the country have been forced to waste thousands of gallons of milk daily.

In big dairy-producing states like Wisconsin, multi-generationa farmers like Jim and Katie DiGangi, who own and operate Darlington Ridge Farms, a large operation with 2,700 cows, have been hit hard.

“It’s a very scary time, very frightening from the business standpoint and from the emotional standpoint for our families and our employees and for our employees’ families,” Katie DiGangi told CBS News.

Usually, about one-third of the DiGangis’ milk goes to restaurants and another one-third is sent to grocery stores. Over the past few months, they’ve seen a 40% decline in revenue, much of that due to closures caused by the virus.

Darlington Ridge is now pouring out about 50% of the milk it produces every day. That’s about 15,000 gallons of spilt milk — $20,000 worth — each day. For now, the DiGangis are being reimbursed for their losses by the processing companies that pasteurize and package the milk for sales and distribution, but they don’t know how long that will last. And because so many dairy farmers depend on restaurants as consumers of dairy products, and restaurants have been shuttered, farmers are also seeing a plunge in demand for other dairy products, including butter, cheese, and sour cream.

Many farmers are looking at the federal government to for help. As lawmakers discuss what could go into a “Phase 4” for coronavirus relief, dairy interests are making sure farmers aren’t forgotten. Tim Trotter, executive director of Edge Dairy Farm Cooperative, which lobbies for dairy farmers, wants a comprehensive program to make farmers whole.

“We don’t want any farmers left behind,” Trotter told CBS News. He’s asking lawmakers to help dairy farmers recoup lost revenue from the milk they’re discarding, and he wants the U.S. to buy surplus cheese for food banks, as it has in the past. The U.S. has about 1.4 billion in extra cheese hanging around in cold storage around the country because dairy farmers were already producing too much cheese.

“We need support, we need help from the government in this situation,” Katie DiGangi said. “It’s very dire.”