Official Coronavirus Non-Political Thread: Facts and Updates ⛑

So we’re all supposed to depend on Mary and Steve? Mary is an idiot who just sits around daydreaming and drinking wine, then she panics and runs out and buys junk food. And Steve is some paranoid weirdo with an itchy trigger finger. Their kids are going to be autistic retards.

1 Like

And so will be all the world’s population after the pandemic. Autistic retards are going to inherit the Earth. Envy towards the ones who didn’t survive will be a predominant sentiment among the next generations for at least several centuries, same as it was in the Early Middle ages.

Someone should offer a version with an instantaneous water warmer.

1 Like

I think there are versions you can control temp settings

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Official Coronavirus Political Thread :world_map:

Numbers from Vietnam (country I was born). Not as bad as I first thought it would be.

2 Likes

Thanks for keeping the thread on track!

It was never part of this thread…this is the kind of shit that happens when people abuse their discretion.

I thought it would have been somewhat higher, because many of the Asian countries still have wet markets. And W.H.O. wants them to shutdown.

No. It’s what happens when you make Corona-related threads without paying attention to the official threads that have been identified and the guidelines associated with those threads.

2 Likes

But who knows if the information is accurate? Nothing coming out of Asian counties can be relied on as being accurate, at best just an estimate.

More to your point the numbers are lower because those countries reacted quickly when this outbreak occured! HK being a good example of how they managed this crisis.

So there are a limited number of approved thread titles into which all Corona related news must be crammed regardless of relevance to the OP?

What if the current participants complain to moderators that their thread is being derailed?

There is not a limited number. There is a specific number. There is also an open general if your post does not neatly fit within one of the pre-defined categories that have been approved by moderators. If you were not aware, the media has dedicated an extensive amount of coverage to the Coronavirus situation. Without some structure, the entire board would be nothing but Coronavirus threads - which is not helpful to anyone.

I recommend that you not only familiarize yourself with these official threads but that you also familiarize yourself with the rules of this site. I’m not going to communicate with you further about this in this thread as to avoid derailment.

5 Likes

But for the fact that I disapprove of “retard” used as a noun, I would give that a thumbs up.

you should read it again…

It’s not .9% of the total population.

150 is the number of deaths absent comorbidity, out of the 16,000 plus to date.

1 Like

Good grief, was that a lobotomy? :flushed:

2 Likes

http://www.neurologytimes.com/stroke/ondines-curse-causes-symptoms-and-treatment

Death penalty states urged to turn over lethal injection drugs to help critically ill coronavirus patients

Death penalty states have been asked to hand over their stockpiles of drugs used in lethal injections to instead help save the lives of hundreds of patients admitted to intensive care units after contracting the coronavirus.

Seven medical practitioners and experts addressed a letter to state correctional facility directors urging them to turn over their supplies of sedatives and paralytics to hospitals where they can be used for intubation and mechanical ventilation in critically ill COVID-19 patients.

“Health care workers across the United States are facing unprecedented shortages of vital resources needed to battle COVID-19,” the letter said. Scarce resources include not only ventilators and masks, but also key medicines such as sedatives and paralytics needed for intubation and mechanical ventilation.