Is Carrying A Weapon Now A Necessity?

Probably so.

You know I’m commenting on the influx of new carriers if the implications of the OP come to pass right? Everyone should carry. Or most people should carry. Etc.

Look at the gang shootings, and how often bystanders get shot. These are people who are acquire guns without training. Just lots of guns and lots of lead flying. That’s a hint of potential mayhem I can see happening if we seek to have more armed citizens for the sake of having more armed citizens.

There can be a happy medium.

I always carried concealed. Always wanted the element of surprise. Firestar .45; but for such a small .45, it’s heavy. Even with the padded shoulder holster, it’s noticibly heavy. I’m moving on to a Ruger .327 revolver. I see people at the local Walmart Superstore, and they have a Ruger .44 Red Hawk hanging on their hip. Seems like ( and I could be wrong ) they want to make a statement. Spooky. When I go to Philadelphia, I carry my CA Off Duty .38. Not an expensive revolver; but if it should be confiscated, even though I can carry legally, the odds are, I may not get it back; so a small loss compared to a high dollar pistol.

In a confrontation, you are flooded with adrenaline; and it’s easy to make a wrong move. I practice a few times a week. Focus focus focus; but you still must be able to weigh a situation very very quickly; that being, you must be able to move fast & still move slow. Not at all easy. Much different at the range.

Nationwide we’ve been adding around 800,000 new licensees each year and around 250,000 people in constitutional carry states.

None of the gloom and doom stories/predictions we’ve been hearing since 1990 have proven true.

Overwhelmingly people who take that responsibility on themselves prove to be very responsible and thoughtful people who realize the gravity associated with the improper or unlawful use of a firearm.

1 Like

Arming criminals is NOT the arming of law abiding citizens. There is no agenda by any pro-gun group to arm criminals for the sake of having more armed citizens.

I agree with this guy :arrow_up:

There is. We aren’t proposing putting a gun in everyone’s hand, we’re proposing lawful and responsible carry by lawful and responsible citizens who are willing as a deterrent to criminals.

1 Like

Propensity to carry does not conflate to propensity to use. I carry 24/7. I carry into places I am instructed not to carry.

This in no way translates to a danger of my pulling and using my weapon in response to a threat. My judgement prevails. I am not trigger happy. I do not relish the opportunity to blow some soul away with a double tap.

'Tis much preferred to have something and not need it than to need something and not have it.

1 Like

Staying cool as a cucumber is the true mark of a warrior! Situational awareness is the prevailing disposition and the difference of knowing when to just walk away vs. allowing oneself to be involved in a adverse situation that is life altering.

1 Like

Well said.

Having a gun doesn’t mean you have to use it.

Having a gun merely gives you an option to defend yourself or others when all of your other senses and options have failed to get you out of the situation or keep you from getting into it int he first place.

The only guaranteed way to walk away from a fight unharmed is to avoid it to start with.

1 Like

Always better to have the gun & not need it, than to need the gun & not have it.

1 Like

There’s a very high probability that you’ll only “not need it” once too.

Yep … just like insurance and fire extinguishers.