Iowa Man Gets 15 Years in Prison Over Burning LGBTQ Flag

I agree because if we don’t start speaking up we wont have anything left to defend.

1 Like

The crime here is he went and took the flag from another property and burned it. I don’t think that justifies 15 years in prison, maybe some community service and some fines for stealing something and destroying it, but I want to see how this sentence stacks up against the illegal aliens who were caught walking up to people’s homes and burning American flags. Did any of them even get arrested? That was going on all over the country in 2016 and 2017. It’s probably still happening today but no one is reporting it.

I think this ruling is against this man’s constitutional rights. It is his right to protest his views on this matter and should appeal to the courts. Maybe he can have this unjust ruling overturned. In Texas vs. Johnson the supreme court overturned a lower courts decision on a matter involving the burning of a American flag. In this case the protesters first amendment rights were upheld. This protest should be treated the same way or am I to believe this LGBTQ flag rained more supreme the the United states of America flag!!??!?

He stole and then destroyed someone else’s property. You act as though there was no wrong doing here…image