Feinstein fumes as Trump administration pushes forward with 9th Circuit nominees without consulting her

You can thank Harry Reid.

McConnell was quite explicit, nothing to do with Reid he just didn’t like that it was effectively a veto.

And to be fair, positions being held open for years so the other side could wait until they themselves could fill it isn’t healthy from an institutional perspective.

But like I said, there won’t really be any grounds for complaint when the boot is on the other foot. I’m all in favor of the US Senate having it’s traditional roles destroyed.

I don’t really care what Mc said on the subject. Harry Reid decided to rewrite the rules and as many of us warned at the time the next Republican ML would have to follow suit with their own rules changes.

This was the predicted, inevitable result.

This isn’t a rules change, the blue slip thing has always been informal. It’s a norm, nothing to do with Reid.

Though I remain in favor of Reid and McConnell both invoking the nuclear option to get nominations through. The Senate should just get it over with and get rid of the other roadblocks as well, they’re dysfunctional as is.

They’re going to end up a majority rule legislature anyway so they might as well get it over with now.

1 Like

You’re a Brit, we could care less what you favor.

Reid changed the rules, Mc followed suit just as we warned the next Republican Majority Leader would do.

As for the rest, the Senate by design is the slower more deliberate of the two legislative bodies.

It is designed to temper the will of the mob.

1 Like

And the MOST reversed in the nation !!!

It’s couldn’t care less.

Again, this isn’t the rules. There is no blue slip Senate rule, it’s just a norm. A tradition.

There is being slow and there is being incapable. I’m all in favor of over-ruling the mob, but the Senate is just currently dysfunctional in a way that was not intended.

It won’t though! Feinstein lost this battle, and she knows this. They can try to vote his nominations down, but he has plenty lined up that will make it exceedingly difficult for her and Harris to win this battle and prevail.

And of course timing was everything as she had the informations months before the final vote.

The blue slip is nothing but a recommendation or not.

And wasn’t it Harry Reid a democrat who used the nuclear option to pack the district courts?

Aside from her crusade to ban Semi Automatic weapons, which BTW was a epic failure on her part, I never thought of her to be so bold to pull a stunt like she did with the Kavanaugh confirmation hearings. She knew perfectly well what she was doing by putting a false witness on the stand to testify who had no proof whatsoever to corroborate her claims. I wonder where Christine Ford is now? Funny how no one talks about her, and her accomplices? There should have been an investigation into her!

She was enriched with money from the democrats, Christine Blasey Ford has been nominated with an award for going public with her allegation of sexual assault against Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh, CNNreports.

A professor at Ford’s alma mater, the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, nominated Ford for the Distinguished Alumna Award, crediting her for “speaking truth to power.”

She stands to make considerable money from book and movie deals.

I find that to be very disgusting and I wonder how such a person can live with themselves having told such a bold face lie and then stands to profit from it.

Profiting from a lie?

People today could care less that she lied, her memory was light at best, that she tried too stop Kavanaugh from serving on the court was only important to the left.

Try and keep up.

Dirty Harry implemented the nuclear option for senate approval for appointed.

That goes without saying, its the principle of the whole thing that pisses me off.

Perhaps lady Di is senile forgetting her role during the hearings or maybe she’s just a political animal caring about nothing but her pity and her agenda.

I go for political animal.

“could care less” is a sarcastic expression of “don’t really give a shit”.

Brits don’t seem to understand that Yankee expression.

As though we could trust AOC to maintain tradition on the future! She will be the progressive left’s leader. Abd she does not care one shit about tradition.

You get to be correct one more time today.