'Disturbing' new tactics: Mexican cartels use ultralight aircraft to smuggle illegals into U.S

We can’t shoot down drones? That is what I was referring to.

That pretty much says it all.

A person claims they fear for their lives to return home so they are given a court date and flawed into the US. They then are supported until the court date, years away and disappear when the date comes.

The illegal who claimed pig for in Mexico was photographed with her sister in Houston, now truly an illegal and no one cares to round her up and immediately deport her and her children.

We can shoot down drones as well as ultralites but lack the will and of course the left would scream, oh the poor people. The drones? They aren’t hurting anyone.

What a pathetic country this has become.

Maybe we could intercept ultralights with patrol drones (not small ones but a civilian version of recon drones) as part of using drones for patrolling the borders. They could then direct people to intercept.

1 Like

Accidentally deleted the previous post. Don’t even know if it’s still showing to others.

Here it is again with the addendum I wanted to add:

Maybe we could intercept ultralights with patrol drones (not small ones but a civilian version of recon drones) as part of using drones for patrolling the borders. They could then direct people to intercept.

Edit: Of course being actually buzzed by a drone might discourage ultralights.

I wouldn’t want to shoot down an ultralight, but a drone? Really?

Two people at a time doesn’t disturb me.

Especially if they land with a thud…

Nothing we can do will ever completely seal our borders.

The best we can hope for is about a 90% reduction of those getting across the US/Mexican border.

There will still be those who manage to get through by various means.

1 Like

The fact is, once they reach US soil they have the protections of the US constitution just like anyone else and no court in the land is going to rule otherwise.

Hell, anymore if they are even made slightly uncomfortable for a few minutes during their stay in custody there’s a line of lawyers waiting to take their cases and sue the gov’t and the agents involved and almost as long of a line of judges willing to rule blindly in their favor.

The best thing we can do is find some way to prevent them from ever setting foot on US soil and the second best is to put up enough barriers to force most not to even try and most who do to turn around and go back home once they run into them.

Not legally. Shooting at anything man made that flies is a federal crime.

The could perhaps attempt to jam their guidance systems but that would only work on those that are radio controlled. Drone tech has already advanced beyond the RC era though and they can be pre programmed like a cruise missile now.

I think I heard on the news that they used some system that commandeers the control of the drone and allows someone else to land it. I’m speaking of the drone that interrupted the airport traffic in UK recently.

Something called “Drone Dome” was used. I haven’t found any explanation of how it works.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gatwick_Airport_drone_incident

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drone_Dome

One or two at a time in a lightweight apparatus versus 30 or 40 at a time across the ground.

Not if the government does it.

I was thinking LIDAR + Phalanx + IFF = no more of this crap.

Was that phalanx system the 20mm gatling gun version or the one equipped with SeaRAM? Effective but don’t you think that is a be of overkill for an ultralight? I mean, one sprays 20mm rounds all over hells half acre and unless the other actually hit the engine block me thinks it wouldn’t stop till Mexico City…

I honestly had no idea that shooting a drone crossing over into our border is a federal crime. That is crazy. Would it not be possible to make it a “no fly zone” so they could be shot down?

20mm FULLY AUTOMATIC Gatling gun!

Even LEO’s are constrained by the law and the military certainly is.

Considering a 12g will do that’s a bit of overkill.