Americans have only stopped buying American sedans, not Japanese sedans

My Toyota truck was built in Texas by Texans.

And the profits were returned to Japan.

LOL, I had a 75 super beetle. Excellent auto. Over 200K miles and gave it to my father. Speedometer broke at 300K and he sold it for 500 bucks. Only had 1 engine rebuild.

Packard had only one advertising slogan: ASK THE MAN WHO DRIVES ONE image 1935 - - - - - V 12

And muscle cars. Camaros, Mustangs, Dodge Challengers. Cars like those are real popular down here. Especially with younger folks.

Ayn Rand and I donā€™t care.

Best I had was a 67 Jag XKE. Iron block 6/265 horse if remember correctly. Light weight and fast.

Cost a fortune to maintain but well worth it.

Who are these kids killing to afford those high dollar muscle cars?

The XKE was one of the most beautiful sports cars ever designed; and yes, British vehicles have iffy electrical systems. I knew a guy who owned one of the V 12s. Always in for tune ups; but when it was in a good mood, what a car to drive. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- [

Enzo Ferrari: "The Jaguar E-Type is the most beautiful car ā€¦

https://www.ferrarichat.com ā€ŗ Forums ā€ŗ Model Specific Discussions ā€ŗ 308/328
](https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/enzo-ferrari-the-jaguar-e-type-is-the-most-beautiful-car.524310/)

Jun 6, 2016 - Enzo Ferrari is famously quoted as saying that he thought the Jaguar E - type was the most beautiful car in the world.

My XKE was always on for tune ups. The only way to avoid the monthly visit to the mechanic was to tae it out to the freeway and open it up for 15 minutes.

The inline 6 cylinder was not as moody as the V 12. In fact, there was a kit available to switch it from the V 12 to the GM 350 V8.

1 Like

I drive two vehiclesā€¦a big full size 3/4 ton pick up and even a bigger truck.

And I donā€™t need metric tools to repair em. :wink:

Best small truck I ever owned was my 95 F 150 - manual hub 4 wd - standard transmission - with the monster inline 4.9 ( 300 cui ) engine. Brutally powerful & incredible longevity. Problem was, the body & frame began to fail early. The ice melting chemicals used on the local roads in the winter just ate up the steel. I always power washed the undercarriage, but still, it rusted away too soon. My friend with he shop finally felt uncomfortable putting it on the lift. Frame could have broke in two. Now Iā€™ll sell it for the drive train, since it only has 100,000 miles on it.

I still drive my 86 3/4 ton Chevy which I bought 32 years agoā€¦has over half of million miles on the frame. :wink: