Daily Verse (encourage others to read)

1 Like

I try to remember that verse… but it’s so hard when you are a mortal man that lives in a world you aren’t supposed to be “of” but only in for a time.

1 Like

I have no quarrel with Christians but I need to urge discernment when it comes to Yahweh (which is generally transcribed as LORD in English translations.)

Yahweh is a bad reptilian deity, as pointed out by Paul Wallis (and his videos are still on YouTube) and the Italian Vatican translator who was trained to read ancient texts.

May I ask what “religion” you follow… if you do… or your beliefs?

I do not follow any religion per se, but I (marginally) participate in the rituals of Buddhism and Shintoism because they are the native religions of this country and my physical ancestors.

I was also trained in shamanism by a Native American, Cherokee medicine woman who happened to live outside Detroit in 1990s, so you could say I follow the tenets of (Native American) shamanism. Although I don’t have their spiritual gifts, I feel comfortable, probably because I have had lives in North and South America in the last, let’s say, 500 years.

1 Like

I am going to say this in as subtle way as possible.

No it is not that hard. Once you realize that you are not in control, and allow to trust God 100%, nothing else matters. I have joy and peace because of this one basic principle.

Currently I am reading the book of Job, the oldest complete book of the Bible. One meme I keep seeing frequently that is posed as a question is this:

If you lost everything tomorrow, would your faith in God continue?

Remember what happened to Job?

1 Like

The Book of Job has some deep stuff.
It was not of Hebrew origin, most likely, judging from the style, reminiscent of Plato’s dialogues, and from place names, etc.

The Old Testament is a composite of various religions, tranditions and faiths. (I’m not saying composites are bad).
The creation of Adam and Eve is of Sumerian origin. The tale of the Garden of Eden, Mesopotamian.
etc.

Up until 7th century BC, Yahweh was worshipped along with Ashera, his wife.

Who should we worship then?
Didn’t Jesus show the way? But at the same time, he gently reminded his followers not to worship Yahweh, an evil control-freak.

Her lipstick is ridiculous, but never mind.

I know who Yeshua is but Yaweh? Not sure!

Yahweh is the name of the Old Testament God. Jehova — which is not the correct pronunciation.

Yeshua is the Hebrew for Joshua, successor of Moses who conducted genocide in Canaan.
Actually Jesus (Greek, Latin) is Yeshua (Hebrew).

For 2000 years Christians have been worshipping the wrong god (of the Joos) whom Jesus told his followers not to worship. Yahweh is NOT the loving Creator or “Our Father who art in heaven.”

I worship God. I don’t call him anything else other than God, I never have or will.

Perfect. God has no name. Certainly not Yahweh.

Just different religions call him by different names.
I like the Native Americans version: the Great Spirit.

2 Likes

Think about it. If Yahweh was such a great, righteous God full of love and compassion, so would be his chosen tribe. Don’t you think?

Reality seems to be the other way around.

Do you know who is the oldest elder is?

Psalms 145:18

“Be still and know that I am God”.
psalms 46:10

I came across this a while back.

1 Like

I have associated with church-going Christians for a few years in Tokyo and attended their church services on Sundays as often as I could.

I have no objection to reaching out for Jesus. My only objection (or rather question for them) is: What does Jesus tell you to do?

Does Jesus tell you to come to church every Sunday? — No.
Does Jesus tell you to praise his name 24-7? — No.

Doesn’t Jesus tell you to fight the evil in the world we live in and to fight and to repudiate the very people who are at the base of the evil? — Probably yes. I’m not a Christian, so you tell me.

He tells us to follow him and believe in him. He tells us to repent of our sins… and we all sin on a daily basis, whether we think we so or not. Being Christian is a hard road… and we all stray from it.

“Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it. Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it.

Mathew 7:13-14

Jesus tells us not to be of the world… “Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.”

1 John 2:15.

1 Like

Isn’t it what we call “guilt trip”?
(I understand your intentions are good)

That’s where I find the problem. Many Christians seem (to me) to think “believing in him as (God)” is the solution to everything. End of the story. Isn’t “believing in him” is the BEGINNING and not the end?

I think this verse is widely misunderstood as if to say “Leave the worldly affairs to politicians” because Christians are not supposed to engage in worldly affairs… as if the evil in the world would go away, if good Christians turn a blind eye and pretend not to see it.