What Search Engine Do You Recommend?

I am interested in a search engine that doesn’t track you and that DOES NOT censor the internet.

What are your suggestions? What do you use?

1 Like

I like Qwant. Hosted in France so still a 9-eyes country but it is still better than USA-based DuckDuckGo.

1 Like

I’ve been using them too a little bit slower than some alternatives. Quite happy so far. I left DDG a few months back.

I like DuckDuckGo and I use the Brave browser.

duckduckgo is selling your info to google

1 Like

Yup…ddg sells your data.

searx is the best solution

If you use DuckDuckGo with onion domain via Tor Browser, they still won’t (shouldn’t) be able to know who are you. But they are also USA based.

I mostly use SearX. It is meta-search so it uses data from multiple sources (including duckDuckGo, Google, Bing, Yahoo) but it is anonymized. It’s also not like other searches, because it is open source and meant to be self-hosted (although there are some public instances). And searches are quite good for something that is not from Google :slight_smile:

Here are some of my suggestions (without any order):

• DuckDuckGo
  • Startpage
  • SearX
  • Qwant
  • Gibiru
  • Yippy
  • Bitclave
  • Peekier

Those suggestions are from here where you can find more details about them. Page is in Slovenian, but you can translate it. The info is very good and worth the extra steps to read it.

Also see PrivacyTools.IO for other suggestions and software.