US Drinking Water is a Toxic Soup of Forever Chemicals

An accident; so your telling me they were unaware that the toxins that are known to be dangerous, could harm a river. I may not know everything, but I know damn well, what you keep away from water supplies. Took some time for the river to go from image I guess no-one noticed.---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- To change a river so much, requires a staggering amount of pollution; but no one noticed. Very strange.

Yes, it was an accident. Are you suggesting it was intentional???

Well, as long as it was an accident, thereā€™s no problem. I thought we pay government watchdogs to be on alert. This this took a lot of time.

But of course there was a problem, and it took some time to remedy. But the way Trump is damaging the environment is intentional, and you canā€™t fix stupid.

Hereā€™s the rule of thumb on safe water: If trout can live & thrive in it, itā€™s safe to drink. Water treatment plants use trout to check end products. You just donā€™t dump questionable products into a river. You treat them at the site. There is no excuse, accidental or deliberate. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------CARMICHAELS ā€” A utility company that has been treating acid drainage from a coal mine for decades has found that the process also creates near perfect conditions for raising trophy trout.
At Duquesne Lightā€™s Warwick Mine Treatment plant, thousands of healthy rainbow trout churn the surface of a pond fed by water from a 1,000-foot plant flume outside the mine.
Duquesne Light placed about 10,000 rainbow fingerlings into a polishing pond, the last stage of the treatment process, in October 2001.
The utility company has sold two-thirds of those trout, now ranging from 12 to 18 inches long, to a local hatchery that supplies sports clubs that stock private waters.

Dam! I rafted that river many moons agoļ¼

1 Like

Trump is temporary. These problems have existed for decades.

I ordered one of these expensive monstrosities last night. I guess I will have to get used to drinking water at room temperature because this filtration system is massive.

1 Like

You can refrigerate it afterwardsā€¦

These are great filters, if slow. Iā€™ve been using one filtering rain water at one of my remote properties for many years.

May look clean however the heavy metals remain on the river bed.

p.s. It was the EPA that opened the mine and the flood of pollutants began.

And who was president? Canā€™t blame Trump. Although Trump did sink the Titanic & cause the Black Plague. Ask any snowflake.

15 ways the Trump administration has changed environmental policies

https://www.google.com/amp/s/api.nationalgeographic.com/distribution/public/amp/environment/2019/02/15-ways-trump-administration-impacted-environment

Mate. I am truly interested in what you have to say on this but it is hard to follow your posts when --------------------------------------------------------------I have to constantly--------------read between the lines-------------LITERALLY-------------on everything that you are trying--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------to say. It would be much easier to have a chat with you if you just----------------------------------posted naturally and didnā€™t-----------------------------add so many dashed lines for no apparent reason-----------------------itā€™s also hard to follow when you insert a low quality image----------into the mix in the middle of a lotus_low---------sentence. I hope you take this as constructive-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------feedback and not an insult. Please understand that this writing style is nearly----------------IMPOSSIBLE-------------------for someone who isnā€™t you to follow.

2 Likes

The horrific amount of toxins that flow down the Mississippi ( for many many years ) end up in the Gulf. In South America, mercury is used in gold processing; then into rivers, and out to sea. I read an article way back; a kid dumped mercury on the floor in his house; and mom decides to vacuum it up, instead of just gathering it with a piece of cardboard or even an eyedropper while it was on the floor. The result of vacuuming was, it simply went into nothing less than a vapor, through the filter & contaminated the house. I believe the house had to be torn down by a hazmat team & carefully disposd of. There are mercury vacuum cleaners; but who owns one?

Yes, and wouldnā€™t it be wise to increase regulations on pollution to decrease the pollutants flowing down the river that scoffs at all rivers? Donald Trump is contributing to the damage through deregulationā€¦

And Monte proves that daily.

1 Like

No argument from me. Up to about 20 years ago everyone living in the rural areas around here had to get their house water from stock tanks/ponds built on their farms/ranches. We had to have at least a three stage filter system for particulates and then either chlorinated it, used a UV treatment, RO, or people would buy drinking water in town and use their tank water just for cooking and bathing but even then you still had to use at least two cloth filters backed up with a carbon filter and even at that you still had issues with staining due to solids from ultra fine red sand or clay particulates.

Iā€™m just asking about this particular issue. What is the level of toxins? At what level do they cause an actual concern?

What environmental regulations has Trump repealed?

Monte isnā€™t stupid sheā€™s just a typical dishonest leftwing troll.

1 Like