Tyranny sincerely exercised for the good

Wrote C.S. Lewis, “a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive… those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.”

Is the tyranny of the ACA, medicare for all, free college for some, the open borders which the left embraces in hope of a path to citizenship, the tyranny expressed by CS Lewis?

1 Like

Let’s assume C.S Lewis was correct. Then yes… ACA and numerous other liberal agendas are the worst kind of oppression.

I also like the Founders’ idea of tyranny … that Arbitrary government is tyranny.

All of progressivism at the federal level, every last bit for which there is no delegated power given in the Constitution from Social Security or welfare to the federal regulating intrastate commerce or employment practices by non-state actors are all unlawful … all tyranny. And the taxes that are flagged go to fund them too.

This is key… at the federal level.

It is amazing that libs make no distinction. To them government is government and BIG government is more efficient… like the Walmart of control, power, and laws.

1 Like

Many years ago, one of my favorite authors on current events, R E Tyrrell, called liberalism “friendly Fascism.” 20 years ago liberals were drifting that way - now they’ve been moved 100% into that camp and the “friendly” part is down to nothing. Now, the left is totally driven by propaganda, a hunt for villains and scapegoats, and a range of “givens” that can’t be questioned on most issues, or face harsh punishment. They’ve even now got a paramilitary force that intimidates their opponents. They’re too far over the line to go back, and things will get a lot uglier.

1 Like

The Federal level as well as state and to some extent the local level.

The tyranny of the majority as we see in California today and now in Colorado on the state level. The ACA was an example of the tyranny exercised for that they thought was for the good when it was for a minority of people.

You may assume however the ACA proves it is a correct statement.

I think they are examples but not god examples. Gun control would be a much clearer example that any honest person can see and understand.

We’re so far down the road on the social welfare train I’m not sure there is any coming back.