The secret lives of Facebook moderators in America - The Redpilling Begins

Facebook mods have PTSD, are being Red Pilled and Black Pilled on a daily basis for next to minimum wage.

“The video depicts a man being murdered. Someone is stabbing him, dozens of times, while he screams and begs for his life. Chloe’s job is to tell the room whether this post should be removed.”

“the employees described a workplace that is perpetually teetering on the brink of chaos. It is an environment where workers cope by telling dark jokes about committing suicide, then smoke weed during breaks to numb their emotions”

The moderators told me it’s a place where the conspiracy videos and memes that they see each day gradually lead them to embrace fringe views. One auditor walks the floor promoting the idea that the Earth is flat. A former employee told me he has begun to question certain aspects of the Holocaust. Another former employee, who told me he has mapped every escape route out of his house and sleeps with a gun at his side, said: “I no longer believe 9/11 was a terrorist attack.”

“We were doing something that was darkening our soul — or whatever you call it,” he says. “What else do you do at that point? The one thing that makes us laugh is actually damaging us. I had to watch myself when I was joking around in public. I would accidentally say [offensive] things all the time — and then be like, Oh shit, I’m at the grocery store. I cannot be talking like this.”

This is glorious…leftists going full concealed carry at work.

“Fearing for his safety, Randy began bringing a concealed gun to work. Fired employees regularly threatened to return to work and harm their old colleagues, and Randy believed that some of them were serious. A former coworker told me she was aware that Randy brought a gun to work, and approved of it, fearing on-site security would not be sufficient in the case of an attack.”

https://archive.is/T5cPa

4 Likes

This is solid gold…

“The worker said he began to believe some of the conspiracy theories he was exposed to at work, like that 9/11 was not a terrorist attack or that the Las Vegas massacre was committed by multiple gunmen”

1 Like

They deserve every tear they shed, every attention-seeking panic attack they have… these are the people ruining social media, and they don’t even get paid well to do it. They WANT those jobs. Make every single last one of them regret it.

4 Likes

They can be saved. The brain automatically seeks the truth.

“People really started to believe these posts they were supposed to be moderating,” she says. “They were saying, ‘Oh gosh, they weren’t really there. Look at this CNN video of David Hogg — he’s too old to be in school.’ People started Googling things instead of doing their jobs and looking into conspiracy theories about them. We were like, ‘Guys, no, this is the crazy stuff we’re supposed to be moderating. What are you doing?’”

I wish we could send the most rabid liberals there to get rid of their dangerous ideas. “Right wing scared straight” :grin:

So these people are complaining about getting paid 15 bucks an hour to read shitposts all day? I do that now for free. Sounds like a great side hustle - if you happen to live in Arizona.

1 Like

Sorta miss the shills in the old forums. I guess they didnt follow us here and not as active (except Pragmatic, he shows sign of being someone similar back at freebirds, montecristo1)

2 Likes

With due respect, I think it was Montecresto1…

I used to piss him off by deliberately misspelling it.

1 Like

Great feedback @supperhey - I’ve been meaning to get around to this now that we have been here a little bit. A few of the established members, with whom we all loved to argue, have received invitations.

3 Likes

It’s easy to see, since he doesnt seem to engage with me. But thats just me tho, he was pretty adamant on keep distance back in the old forum as well.

No worries, more shill trash is washing up on the shore here all the time.