The Case for Raising US Tariffs on China After March 1st!

That is changing with tariffs. Some enjoy more than others depending on the specifics and how they are structured in order to promote equal reciprocity. After China, we still have other countries like Japan, and the EU to negotiate new deals with.

Debt is never healthy, but remember it also goes both ways. China still owes the US 1.3 Trillion dollars for a loan they never paid back that is still recognized by the World Trust Foundation as still being an outstanding debt. The debt that China purchased a portion of it was already sold off to shore up their own problems within their banking system and the flight of capital as well as rising domestic debt.

No doubt! This is the most frustrating aspect in mind and I hope we can get a handle on it soon, because technology is moving at such a rapid pace, I can easily see falling behind the curve if we can’t protect our IP. Of course it also doesn’t help when you have the Clinton’s committing treason by selling our secrets and raping our coffers!

And they never will.

Until the US government and business takes cyber security seriously the hacking will continue.

Until businesses are punished for losing customer information leading to fraud this will continue. But the government and courts give them a pass if they say they are sorry.

Pretty much all three.

1 Like

I’m surprised at how man cons are for an additional tax on goods. Trump has melted the modern Republican Party. Which seems like what they wanted! Welcome to the Democratic Party everyone!

Thanks. I don’t care what you call me. I adapt to address the threat. Those who don’t die.

The main issue is about aluminum and steel. Everything else in this business of tarriffs is subordinate.

Right, and either will the US when it comes to China, its basically used as leverage.

Right, which is why the likelihood 25% tariffs will go into effect.

Yeah can’t agree with that, because there are already cases being prosecuted, Huawei as a primary example!

Don’t be so dam pessimistic all the time Wiley! Change doesn’t happen overnight, it takes time to weed out years of corruption. Lets see what happens in the coming months to maybe change your outlook on things. I am hopeful that we can start moving in the right direction!

I’d rather pay more for products built by working Americans than to pay more welfare for non-working Americans. It’s better for America.

2 Likes

It has nothing to do with pessimism. It’s literally their business model. If the phones lasted, these companies wouldn’t make as much money on just their contracts. Many people are paying for their “free” upgrades after the previous model takes a shit. It’s how they roll.

Guess these companies all got a pass.

Oh I mistook your comment to mean something else. My Bad!

Thats interesting! Marriot is partially owned by the Chinese. Anyway, you have a good point. My question is, if this is such an issue American’s care about, then why aren’t they doing anything about it? Why is it they expect government to always be the one to do anything about it? This is what happens when we have a apathetic public who has overdosed on consumerism!

1 Like

Stop buying “cheap shit” from China. Too much to ask though really. Wonder how Walmart will be doing with these tariffs?

Yep! Like I said things like this takes time. Slowly we can ween ourselves off of dependency like a drug. Speaking of which Fetenanyl is also heavily imported from China which as you know is a huge problem causing many deaths.

Also on Walmart: Actually they haven’t been affected as much due to the fact in recent years they shifted their focus on exploiting the Chinese market. It appears in some instances that the Chinese also like cheap shit, but their business model in China is more focused on Food, than on hard goods much like Sams club. I give the executives of Walmart credit for being business savvy, it appears they anticipated this a while ago, as there are some pretty smart people running that company.

Holy crap! This is epic!

Watch for the loaded questions from the media! Its epic!

Queue - “Small pain for large gain”

That’s what “free trade” gets you. If those farmers were growing food for US customers instead of soybeans for foreigners over in China, there wouldn’t be an issue. Let me guess, you think government should swoop in and save the day for these farmers who made bad decisions?

Besides which soy is one of the worst foods on the planet for the heart. Ever heard of transfat? Guess where that comes from? Of course the Chinese were buying this crap in bulk, they have a population problem and frankly don’t give a fuck what the poor peasants eat. It’s not remotely surprising that millions of these beans went unsold here in the US though. The only people who eat that garbage here don’t know any better.

1 Like

I can’t support Mr Trump increasing tariffs. Most of my money is in the Market and raising tariffs ain’t going to do me a bit of good as I head into my retirement years. I voted for Mr Trump but I can’t support him doing this. He’d hurt me bad.

Of course you can’t! Its not about you, its about the future of the country! Everybody has to make sacrifices!

Lol, so voters don’t matter.