Rudy Giuliani cancels paid appearance at Kremlin event

Giuliani canceled a paid appearance at a Kremlin-backed event scheduled for next week in Armenia, reports the Washington Post:

Giuliani said Friday evening that he was no longer planning to attend the meeting. “I didn’t know Putin was going,” he said in a brief interview, adding in a text: “Discretion is the better part of valor.”

Giuliani’s decision to take part in the conference astounded national security experts. His appearance would have come days after the release of a whistleblower complaint accusing Trump and Giuliani of pressuring Ukrainian officials for damaging information about Democrats.

“I didn’t know Putin was going.” Shut up, moron. Shut up. Shut up.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/giuliani-set-to-make-paid-appearance-next-week-at-kremlin-backed-conference/2019/09/27/a15ab242-e133-11e9-8dc8-498eabc129a0_story.html

1 Like

He’s was obviously trying to score one of those sweet Ed Snowden/no extradition style Moscow hookups. Rudy needs an escape plan for when his friend gets kicked out of the WH and can’t pardon him.

1 Like

Even if the event was on the up and up the optics of such a trip would be terrible right now. I would have cancelled too.

Are we at war with Russia? Didn’t the Mueller report already determine that there was no Russian election interference or collusion? Didn’t Obama say not a single vote was changed? What does it matter if he goes to Russia or not? I know that’s a lot of questions for you leftists but they deserve to be asked.

1 Like