Republic Standard: Race and IQ: More important than it should be to nationalists

Intelligence is the ability to learn period.

Wisdom is the combination of the accumulation of, and ability to apply what has been learned.

Education will increase your ability to score high on a test, it will not make you any more capable of learning to begin with.

Britannica uses a comma and adds to your claim.

Human intelligence , mental quality that consists of the abilities to learn from experience, adapt to new situations, understand and handle abstract concepts, and use knowledge to manipulate oneā€™s environment.

BTW, the above quoted sentence is a bit improper.

IQ is not the same as having knowledge. I think thatā€™s what most people in here are generally saying.

1 Like

IQ tests given beyond the age at which kids start school are inherently flawed to begin with since those with the most opportunity at pre school learning have a distinct advantage.

I scored ridiculously high on IQ tests when I was young not necessarily because I had a greater ability to learn but because Iā€™d had enormous opportunities to learn and parents/GPā€™s that encouraged same before I ever first saw the inside of a classroom.

You will also see some of the most academically gifted people who canā€™t grasp basic concepts and keep making stupid mistakes throughout their lives.

Others who are equally gifted may succeed or fail just based on the desire to apply themselves.

To have an accurate test youā€™d basically have to give it when the kids were essentially blank slates and measure how quickly each of them learned a given set of information.

Now that we are living in ā€œthe information ageā€ with so much knowledge available to nearly everyone weā€™re going to have to come up with some new way to describe and define what real intelligence is.

How do you measure intelligence as most people understand it when you canā€™t even get people to agree on basic facts?

Most gifted/genius never end up living to their full potential because society isnā€™t designed for that; itā€™s designed to put a thrill into buying things, which is incredibly boring.