Republic Standard: Race and IQ: More important than it should be to nationalists

Then maybe you can explain Leonardo Da Vinci…go ahead I’ll wait.

What on earth are you talking about…

Explain Leonardo Da Vinci then. Man with no former education.

verv…do you look down on uneducated?

It’s OK if you do…my feeling towards those so-called educated idiots is mutual.

Explain Leonardo Da Vinci then. Man with no former education.

There is nothing to explain, it has no bearing what I’m talking about.

verv…do you look down on uneducated?

It’s OK if you do…my feeling towards those so-called educated idiots is mutual.

This confirms you haven’t been following. Right over your head.

You said

Science has proven education has an effect on IQ scores.

I asked to explain Leonardo Da Vinci then…don’t crap out on me now.

It’s official…I’m bored.

Catch you late.

I asked to explain Leonardo Da Vinci then…don’t crap out on me now.

There is nothing to explain lol.

Science has proven education has an effect on IQ score. Case closed.

LDV has absolutely nothing to do with the argument I’m making.

The headline and the text seem to equate IQ and intelligence.

(Just a relevant observation…regarding your posit that they are not the same.)

The headline and the text seem to equate IQ and intelligence.

(Just a relevant observation…regarding your posit that they are not the same.)

They are related, but they are not the same thing - I said this above. IQ attempts to measure intelligence.

Oh I see. And we should believe that world will end in 12 years too.

That science?

Yes, I realize this. Where one stands on the bell curve of any distinct IQ test depends on the composition of the test, the time and place of the test, the environment of the testing area, the physical condition (during the testing) of the person being tested, the questions and problems presented on the test (and how they are worded)…among other things.

One person might score differently on two IQ tests. One person might score differently on the same test given twice.

I do agree that intelligence and IQ are not the same.

1 Like

Oh I see. And we should believe that world will end in 12 years too.

That science?

Again, no idea what you are talking about.

IQ is easy to understand, it’s just a test score. Intelligence is harder to put your finger on.

IQ attempts to measure intelligence, but to what degree is it measuring innate ability, or ability that has been nurtured to a more full potential?

We know education has an impact on IQ score, so it’s clear IQ is measuring both innate ability, and nurture. It’s more complicated that people think.

Before having any discussion about intelligence we need to accept the limits of what IQ can tell us about intelligence. And we need to at least know how the other person defines intelligence - are they just talking about innate ability, or abilities nurtured as well.

There is also a marked distinction between intelligence and wisdom.

One’s intelligence relates to how much one knows.

One’s wisdom relates to knowing how to effectively apply what one knows.

IMHO, one’s wisdom is enhanced in knowing when to keep one’s mouth shut.

1 Like

I have a different distinction between intelligence and wisdom.

Intelligence is the capacity to learn from a book

Wisdom is the capacity to learn from life

Here is some food for thought. I keep hearing education increases IQ and possibly intelligence. Again go back to Leonardo Da Vinci.

In his case would education hampered him? Since education could just as easily steer him on different path…or indoctrinated him into different direction and thus we would never heard his name?

My opinion on that differs. I contend that if an IQ test were administered to a group consisting of Mensa Society members and a tribe of jungle dwelling pygmies, in a language that both could understand…and the test was built around survival in the jungle, the pygmies would prevail on the high side of 100.

Anyone know what percentage of the population is over 145? :thinking:

I suspect it’s much less than 1%.

Actually there’s a lot wrong with it starting with the fact such a proposal would get an overwhelming backlash from the vast majority of the country.

Merit based immigration is a winning idea but as soon as you tie it to race and/or ethnicity it becomes a losing proposition instantly.

This is of course why democrats try to tie “merit based immigration” to racism/ethnocentrism and in doing so have so far been pretty successful at defeating it.

You can get people to accept almost anything if you package it right but it’s hard to sell even the best ideas if you don’t.