PC moments of 2018

The PC Police were out in force.

Apparently, there was a lot to be offended about in 2018 — including things that you’d think would be pretty innocuous. Here, in no particular order, are the ten most absurd politically correct moments of 2018.

1. Long, adorned nails were deemed ‘cultural appropriation.’
Vogue was accused of cultural appropriationfor an online article on “Manicure Sculptures.” Basically, the complaint was that long, adorned nails belong to “black culture” — even though the fact is that this nail style was popular way further back in history, such as in ancient China.

2. ‘Pussyhats’ were declared racist and transphobic.
“Pussyhats” were all the rage in 2017. In 2018, however, some feminists started complainingthat they were racist (because not all women have pink vaginas) and transphobic (because not all women have vaginas).

3. A professor declared that small chairs in preschools are sexist, ‘problematic,’ and ‘disempowering.’
An academic article written by an Australian professor declaredthat the small chairs in preschools are “problematic” for teachers because they’re “disempowering” for them. I guess I must be pretty emotionally strong, because I can honestly say that there has never been any kind of chair to make me feel broken psychologically.

4. The University of Connecticut offered counseling to students upset at ‘even the thought of’ a Ben Shapiro speech.
Yes — not even a speech itself, but “even the thought of” a speech.

5. The phrase ‘long time no see’ was reportedly declared to be ‘derogatory’ towards Asians.
A student at the University of Colorado was reportedly toldthat the phrase “long time no see” was apparently “derogatory” towards Asians — despite the fact that we don’t even know the phrase’s origins.

6. The word ‘problematic’ was declared ‘problematic.’
According to an articlewritten by a Dartmouth student, the word “problematic” is actually sort of “problematic” — because it isn’t specific enough.

7. The phrase ‘as you know’ was deemed a microaggression.
Academics at the U.K.’s Bath University were toldthat they should not use the phrase “as you know” during lectures, because it might make some students feel so awful that they’ll do badly in their classes. Oddly enough, I’ve always thought that the phrase was a great way to avoid giving offense, such as when discussing a topic with someone that they’re already familiar with, to keep from insulting their intelligence.

8. Skinny eyebrows were called ‘cultural appropriation.’
According to a 2018 article in Marie Claire , tweezing your eyebrowsto make them very thin is “cultural appropriation” unless you’re a Latina. Interestingly enough, the author of the article later went on to contradict her own thesis by writing that she knows that “skinny brows were not created or exclusively owned by the Latinx community.”

9. A bathing-suit ad was declared ‘sexist’ because it depicted a woman in a bathing suit.
A bathing-suit advertisement in Bristol, England, was declared “sexist” because it featured a woman wearing a bathing suit — and here I thought it was normal for product advertisements to feature the products they’re advertising.

10. ‘God bless you’ was listed as an anti-Muslim ‘microaggression.’
According to a guide written by a group of librarians at Simmons College in Boston, saying “God bless you” after someone sneezes is a microaggression against Muslim people — and here I thought it was just the polite thing to do.

https://www.nationalreview.com/2019/01/2018-most-politically-correct-moments/#

1 Like

Another example of the system eating it’s own tail.
https://www.nationalreview.com/2018/12/a-student-is-asked-to-remove-a-f-nazis-sign-to-be-inclusive/

1 Like