Official Coronavirus Thread - The Next Airborne Misery - Open General ☣

Having been through quite a few airports in Asia myself, temperature testing has been going on for quite some time, long before news of this new SARS alert. Especially here in HK. I did notice more people are wearing masks now, but wasn’t sure if it has been due to recent heavier density of pollution but now this makes more sense.

CDC Spokesman Confirms First US Case of China Coronavirus

What are you babbling about now? The death rate was about 12-13%.

What precisely is it that the president could do to put an end to birthright citizenship?

Then you aren’t watching documentaries you’re watching BS put out by conspiracy nuts.

First case just found in the US. Flight restrictions should be immediately be imposed.

When China sneezes, we all catch a cold. Used to be a metaphor. Now it’s reality.

Probably only a matter of time, until it’s everywhere. Very worrying.

1 Like

When I went to China in 2009 the passengers were not immediately allowed off the aircraft. A couple of people wearing white suits and masks first came round the plane with a non-contact temperature measuring instrument and took everyone’s temperature.

I can’t remember which bug was in vogue at the time.

2 Likes

You really can try to contain it, but today given the freedom of travel we really cannot.

Imagine just one infected person coming over the border illegally and all they will infect as a disease vector.

Border security may be about votes for the clueless dems but it really is about so much more.

1 Like

Even if we secure all the legal ports of entry and screen anyone travelong from China there are thousands of Chinese entering the US illegally in shipping containers and via other methods.

Our open borders always have been and always will pose a serious threat to our national security.

Perhaps you are missing my broader point?

The dems want open borders. People can understand we did ALL we could. However, I’m not sure how politicians can escape willful negligence.

2 Likes

Mostly I’m just playing off of your ball.

The more divided we are as a nation and the bigger and more life threatening the problems we face are the more it empowers gov’t to take ever more drastic actions in the name of public safety.

Sooner or later we’ll have a major outbreak due to illegals and they’ll find some way to blame it on republicans probably claiming that since the illegals were afraid of deportation they were afraid to seek help in time.

1 Like

The last outbreak of SARS 17 years ago had a mortality rate of 10%. The flu tends to have an average morality rate of 0.1%, except for the odd strain like the Spanish flu or Swine flu.

What worries me is the Chinese New year is in 3 days and millions will ascend upon Hong Kong for holiday shopping! I loaded up on masks and hand sanitizers.

1 Like

Why don’t you go and troll someone else for a change. You’re a fuckng PITA!

It isn’t so much they can bring some kind of viral disease into the US, it’s the fact that they’ll add to the hospitalized treatment and/or isolation numbers of the indigenous contractors of it.

AIDS, SARS, Avian flu, Ebola…
No major die-offs.
Life goes on.
Hopefully the (artificial) hysteria goes away soon

If you can’t handle the truth don’t read my posts.

Aids was killing upwards of 1.4 million people annually at it’s peak.

Keep the thread on track.

1 Like