NYC landlord being evicted while delinquent tenants live rent-free

Hmm? Catch 22 situation created by the RONA crisis and politicians virtual signaling. This story is one of many examples to which is not going to end well for some. I can think of a few Governors who are deserving of a lynching or a tar and feather or two. Needless to say, it’s stories like these that will become more frequent as this trend continues into 2021.

It’s going to be a mess.

While it may sound cold-hearted to say it, what we’re really seeing here is yet another example of what happens when the government (at any level) steps in and puts its thumb on the scale in the private sector.

Yes it is going to be a mess. What happens when the Government says “oh well there is not enough money to cover your mortgage, or your rent? Foreclosure on your property? Banks take over properties for pennies on the dollar? Renters continue squatting rent free?

I suspect banks will take over the properties for pennies on the dollar.

Then, those that have cash to purchase will scoop the properties up. The government caused the problem but is not offering any tools to fix the problem they created.

So, the little guy (once again) gets the short end of the stick.

Probably by that time the vaccine will have been distributed in enough quantities that most can get back to work. The rent will start being paid so a win-win for the new owner of the property.

I could be wrong, but that is how I see it.

Everything you just articulated is going to be bad Karma!

1 Like