Leftist Microsoft Teams with Establishment ‘NewsGuard’ to Create News Blacklist

The globalists and Big Tech will be shutting down and limiting access to any “source” that does not say what the globalists want said.

Without consulting with its users, Microsoft has installed an establishment media browser extension, purportedly designed to rate the accuracy of news websites, as a default extension on mobile versions of its Edge browser. In practice, it creates a news blacklist by warning users away from sites including Breitbart News, The Drudge Report, and the Daily Mail .

The browser extension, called “Newsguard,” presents users with a red warning label if they navigate to a website that it judges to be unreliable. A “green” rating is given to websites that NewsGuard considers trustworthy.

A number of pro-Trump websites, including Breitbart News, are given a “red” rating by the extension.

The website of the conservative-leaning British newspaper The Daily Mail, which has the third-highest circulation in the U.K., is also given a “red” rating. Newsguard says the site “fails to maintain basic standards of accuracy and accountability.”

WikiLeaks, which has never had to retract a story due to false or misleading information, is also given a “red” rating.

Among the websites given a “green” rating is BuzzFeed, which was recently humiliated for publishing alleged details about the ongoing Mueller investigation that were contradicted by the speial prosecutor himself. BuzzFeed did not retract the story, and even led with it on its frontpage … after Mueller contradicted it.

But in Newsguard’s view, BuzzFeed “regularly corrects or clarifies errors.”

Many of the websites that recently fed the fake news feeding frenzy against students of Covington Catholic high school in Kentucky, who were falsely accused of taunting a left-wing Native American agitator, are also given a “green” rating. These include CNN, the New York Times, and the Washington Post.

2 Likes

At this stage no one should be using Microsoft and their botnet. Ubuntu is easy enough to download and works perfectly on 95% of consumer PCs.

What is the problem? If the site is a habitually publishing fake news, then users should be warned.

This plug in doesn’t keep you from visiting the site… so what is the issue?

Just use Vivaldi. Great customizable browser without forced crap. Shame though, Edge was a decent, no-nonsense browser for normies, my relative uses it on a tablet.

1 Like

I’d be more worried about Microsoft’s data slurping than this.

On an unrelated note ProDos 2.4 has finally become available for the Apple 2, adding support for things like new USB adapters.

Geeze, and here I thought you’d take exception to OP using the word “blacklist” in the title.

2 Likes

So who is the arbiter of fake news? Microsoft lists Buzzfeed as trusted despite totally botching the Michael Cohen story and the Comey connection. They literally published fake news. WaPo only just today acknowledged that Chief Bullshit lied about his military service in Vietnam. All fake news.

4 Likes

Yeah - Windows 10 is nothing but a data suck.

Don’t you see that it doesn’t prevent you from visiting a site? :joy:

Now if Drudge or Breitbart would just stop being the square peg trying to fit into the round hole… they just might be on the approved reading list. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

The thought police have come to our rescue! We no longer need critical thinking skills someone is doing that for us! Gosh! You sound so … independent…

Can you not be grateful that someone will think for you? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

If you say it in Ross Perot’s voice it has extra impact…

1 Like

What? You really need to stop trying to be clever.

Microsoft isn’t stopping you from visiting fake news sites. Also you sited to recent examples of stories that were incorrect. 2 stories obviously isn’t a measure of fake news. Briebart peddles in conspiracies, buzzfeed doesn’t.

Eh, what do you mean?

You don’t like the Covington kids painting themselves black.

How can you not see blacklist as being a racist term? I thought you’d be all over that!

2 Likes

Bless your heart!

I don’t know how you got here… but somehow you think my issue with blackface is the actual word blackface. No honey…

My issue is with white people painting their entire face black. Which is affectionately called “blackface”.

Do you get it now?

So if a post refers to blacktops, blackboards, blackouts, Blackbeard, black bears… with zero context to historical uses as a means to oppress another minority. Then I am fine with it. I love black cherries! I love the show black mirrors!

Your clever meter is damaged beyond repair. Stop coming at me with BS comparisons. K?

Now back to the thread…

No, I don’t get it now. I’m just not a clever as you.

Cause when I see a black person paint their face blue or green for a sporting event it doesn’t bother me at all.

When I see a black person paint their face white it doesn’t bother me at all. Because I don’t look for racism at every turn.

3 Likes

What the heck did you just say you little honey bun? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Cutie Patooties, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret posties on wackie blackies, and I have over 300 confirmed snookims. I am trained in butter biscuits and I’m the top sweetie in the entire US sugar doodles. You are nothing to me but just another baby. I will cuddle you the heck out with warmth the likes of which has never been felt before on this Earth, mark my words. You think you can get away with saying that dookie doo to over the internet? Think again, cutie. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of Mommies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the huggie wuggies, deary. The huggies that wipes out the silly little thing you call your meanie doodles. You’re in trouble. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can tweet you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in butter boops, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the Cutie Wooties Fruity Tooties and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your widdle face, you little cutie pie. If only you could have known what huggie wuggies your little “postie wostie” was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your mouthy wouthy. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, honey buns. I will wiggle woop all over you and you will drown in it. You’re really sweet, honey.

3 Likes

Something we actually agree on!

What is the historical racial context of a black person painting their Face blue? What is the historical racial context of a black person, painting their face white?

Lastly point me to where I said that I look for racism at every turn? Show me a post where I called racism or racial ignorance where none exists?

Difference between you and me?

I don’t care about “historical context” because I’m not looking under every rock I can find for a reason to be outraged and stoke the racism fire.

2 Likes

No one is asking you to find racism where it doesn’t exist… people are asking you to reject when it’s in your face. You wouldn’t walk around in blackface, would you? Would you walk around yelling the n word? Would you look at a white person calling another black person the word and think “I’m not calling that racist”? I’m guessing no. So what is the issue you have? Just want to argue?

It isn’t in my face. You have determined that it should be and I reject your premise.

If it were Halloween maybe I would. Why not? Is being “black” something sacred? :thinking:

I don’t walk around yelling anything. Do you?

I have enough common sense to understand that the BLACK Hebrew
Israelites were the true racists against the Covington children while you dug up sporting events to try to prove instead that the kids at Covington are the racists.

I simply don’t look under every nook and cranny for racism.

2 Likes