Ladies: The Draft is Coming The Senate just voted to require young women to register for the draft

I say let feminist join the military and put them through Hell week like what the men go through, no exceptions, no bending the rules and lets see if they can make through the week

You want to be equals feminists, here is your chance to prove it.

1 Like

We’ve been dumbing down the standards so women can pass since the sixties.

Why do you think they took out the pullups and allow women to do pushups on their knees instead of on their feet like men?

And I say bring back the standards that men go through, they cannot claim they are equals and then in the next breath expect special treatment.

I agree with you when you said or posted men and women are built different, wired differently etc, yet these feminist insists they are equal to men, so let the military go back to one testing for all so we can put this to bed once in for all

what do you say Feminists?

We’d lose over 90% of the women in the service leaving us critically short of personnel in key support areas. Not a good idea.

For combat MOS’s? No problem.

I dont believe that for a fact, they can do other jobs in the military, eg.
M.P
Fighter pilots
strategic planning/command
engineering
Intelligence

They dont need to be on the battlefield or special forces

There’s no reason to have the same physical standards for both combat and non combat MOS’s although arguably MP’s should be included in the higher standards.

Clerks, cooks, nurses, technicians etc no.

And yes we’d lose at least 90% of the females in uniform by even requiring 3 pull ups.

Women simply lack the upper body musculature needed to do the same upper body work men do.

if it means losing 90% of the women that can’t do pull ups and so be it.

I would think the majority of women don’t want to be on the battlefield anyways
they can fly fighter jets, command navy ships and destroyers and subs, handle intelligence, I mean how many of them actually wants to be artillery ?

edited for grammatical errors

You never served did you?

Right now and since at least WWI when physical standards were established they were for everyone in every branch and everyone has the same standard.

I’m saying that’s unnecessary but if women want to go into those physically demanding MOS’s, and men as well there should be a much higher standard such as the old standards that included pull ups.

It seems silly to have the same physical standards for an infantryman, artilleryman, secretary, pharmacy tech, and computer tech doesn’t it?

because the military wants people to be somewhat fit, and no Ive never served so Im not sure what your point is?

I dont know if the same criteria is for civilian jobs in the military like secretary or military intelligence/computer tech, I would think fitness is still important ? No.

Im sure some unit out in battle relying on a computer tech who is fat, stoned and out of shape that cannot fix a computer under pressure isn’t reassuring to the boys and gals in the field on the front line

The point is that it was becoming obvious you didn’t understand the standards and how they apply.

We don’t have computer tech’s running around on the battlefield, they are in rear area maintenance units. We pull our fouled electronics and replace them with working units and send the broken units back for maintenance.

“Somewhat fit” doesnt’ require we have the same standards for the less physically demanding jobs as for those I outlined.

Even with the low standards we have now, women do not have to meet the same standards as men which is what I was pointing out.

Women do not currently even have to do the same pushups as men. Men are required to put their full weight on their hands and feet, women on their hands and knees.

If women want to be “equal” then they should have to meet the same standards as any man for any job field. That doesn’t mean we need to go back to the old PT standard that included pull ups for all. Clerks, typists, nurses, doctors, x ray and lab techs etc aren’t going to have to be scaling walls attacking enemy positions. Anyone in a combat MOS and MP’s however has an obvious need to demonstrate that kind of upper body strength.

I don’t see a problem with equal standards, whether its civilian or military , if one is going to join the military in whatever category fitness standards set by the military should be followed, I don’t agree with the double standards and special exemptions.

I don’t care if you’re a computer tech, or secretary, although I’m having a hard time believing ( and maybe someone on the forums with a military background can answer this) secretaries , nurses , cooks are put through the paces physically to do civilian jobs?

The same standards apply service wide for all enlistees and officers.

One standard for males, another standard for females regardless of MOS.

I do have military experience 13.5 years as Ranger with JSOC Combined Element.

At least one member of my immediate family has also served in every conflict since the first colonial militias were organized.

1 Like

That’s just it, Max.

There IS no equality with those (bleeps).

They want equal opportunities, but don’t want to be held to the same standards as men.

They want equal pay on the job, & to be taken seriously like men. Yet in many cases—that is when they show up at all—they’re dressed like everything from slobs to streetwalkers, er, I mean Licensed Genital Technicians.

Feminist (expletives) don’t want equal treatment. They want special treatment.

1 Like

I know a girl who joined the Army. Part of her training was to run so many miles per day with “X” lbs in a backpack.

She wound up with a hairline fracture in her hip. From what she told me, this is fairly common for women in basic training.

Didn’t matter if the woman wanted to go into combat or be a nurse, the training was the same.

I did my final PRT (Physical Readniess Test) in 1995 just before I retired.

At that time I was 39 years old and had been working on carrier flight decks and Naval Air Station flight lines for 22 years.

I had less time to do the 1.5 mile run than a 20 y/o female.

Go figure.

It could be labeled a “metoo” movement . :wink:

Ive always gotten a kick out of that saying when I first heard that term :rofl::rofl:

I wonder why they set the standard the same for civilian type of jobs, but that is good to know DMK.

The training is the same regardless of position in the service. Want too be a cook it’s the same as an MP or for a combat MOS.

Bit different for civilian jobs don’t you think.

If you work in a warehouse the requirements may be lifting 50 pounds. If your in an office environment the requirement may be a pencil.

One size fits all in the service the in civilian jobs.