Kwanzaa is a Fake Racist Holiday and Should be Banned

Of course. You obviously know what race is. Do you know what culture is?

Dictionary definition:

1a : the customary beliefs, social forms, and material traits of a racial, religious, or social groupalso : the characteristic features of everyday existence (such as diversions or a way of life) shared by people in a place or timepopular cultureSouthern culture

b : the set of shared attitudes, values, goals, and practices that characterizes an institution or organizationa corporate culture focused on the bottom line

c : the set of values, conventions, or social practices associated with a particular field, activity, or societal characteristicstudying the effect of computers on print cultureChanging the culture of materialism will take time …— Peggy O’Mara

d : the integrated pattern of human knowledge, belief, and behavior that depends upon the capacity for learning and transmitting knowledge to succeeding generations

From Merriam-Webster

So as we can see, there’s quite about of difference. Culture is more about behavior . Race is not. Among a race, there can be numerous cultures.

I despise “rap culture”. I despise “gamer culture”. Regardless of the race of the practitioners.

As I said, there are many black (race) cowboys (culture). I do not despise black cowboys (or vaqueros) because we share culture.

It is easy (and lazy) to hate a race because one assumes that race indicates culture.

The things you complain about are cultural, not racial. Are you forgiving of the same characteristics in your own people?

Correlation, not causation. Don’t confuse the two.

1 Like

So…is gender also a cultural construct?

So, what James was attempting to establish was cultural characteristics such as work ethic, workmanship, punctuality, etc. into young men of his own race.

Instead of the culture of fighting for corners and being on the dole, which they may have learned elsewhere.

That’s the correct way to do it, Bryan.

1 Like

So the remaining question: “Why of his own race?”

What are the answers, Bryan? (There are more than one)

Excellent question! Can you answer it?

Let’s start with the dictionary again:

2a : SEX the feminine gender

b : the behavioral, cultural, or psychological traits typically associated with one sex

Do you see the contradiction? M-W hedged.

I’ve never understood why anyone would want to do business where they are not welcome to start with.

Of course not which is why I wasn’t gullible enough to expect an answer or at least a straight answer.

It’s also very easy to get your ass sued off for discriminatory hiring practices and lose said ass in the process.

All they have to do is establish a pattern of you not hiring equally qualified minorities, women, gays etc and they win. Not that difficult if you are discriminating.

They don’t even have to prove it to bankrupt you and put your company under the microscope of the EEOC for a decade.

LOL, good luck with that.

Perhaps when I laid off my 7 employee they could sue me for taking their jobs away from them.

Wait I was consistent and got rid of everyone at once.

p.s. Good luck with trying to prove anything of the sort with a small business person.

They don’t have to prove anything LouMan, they can just bankrupt you with attorney fees for trying to defend yourself against something you didn’t do.

And I had insurance for just the issue should it have arrived.

But also, today I have no employees as the government made it far to expensive and it just wasn’t worth the hassle.

And as a side note the employee would have to pay for an attorney to proceed and few people can afford unless they can get the Criminal the from the ALCU,

No they don’t, all they have to do is file an EEOC complaint and the federal gov’t which has endless resources swoops in.

If there’s any hint of systemic violations there’s always class action attorneys who will dive right in ant take the cases on contingency.

People get through those steps every day an file complaints.

Facts are facts whether you accept them or not.

https://www.thebalancecareers.com/why-employment-discrimination-cases-are-rising-fast-4156883

Discrimination lawsuit rates are rising rapidly.

This article would be an interesting for a new thread.

Back on topic. Too much leftist thread derailment.

Kwanzaa is insanely dumb as it grabs traditions and imagery from Black African cultures that were separated in time and space by thousands of miles and hundreds of years - and some are just fictional. It would be like wearing Roman Togas and German Lederhosen while drinking Russian Vodka and English Tea - all while dancing Irish jigs and Spanish flamenco. It’s retarded.

bq-5c24516a4b8c2

Are we going to dance or not?

Bryan,
Do you believe Jesus was born on December 25th?

Or as I used to call it, Saturday night. :wink:

Let me get this straight…If we don’t care what a group of people do with their own lives we are leftest?

I mean why do you care if Blacks, Aardvarks, Whites, pigeons…those with pigeon toes do with their own time, or how they celebrate?

Seriously…does society have to fly it by you for it to be accepted? Should goverment intervene?

Inquiring minds want to know.

2 Likes