Kurds Will Seek Revenge on US Double-cross

The attack on September 11, 2001 was not, as it was usually billed, “an attack on America.” It was an attack on American foreign policy. It was, to use a term coined by the CIA, “blowback.” Google the term if you are unfamiliar it.

And everyone, no matter how much they dissemble and obfuscate, knows that the foreign policy that catalyze the attacks was the US’s support for, and underwriting of, Israel and its slow-motion ethnic cleansing of the Palestinians.

Everyone knows this, especially those who pretend they don’t.

Trump has sown the seeds for the next big blowback event. He has double-dealt the Kurds.

Understand: the US enlisted Kurdish fighters in the war on Isis.

Thousands of Kurds died.

Now the Kurds, about 30-35 million of them, is a people without a country.

Kurdish fighters have been fighting for decades to hold regions. They don’t have the power to found a country, but they are organized enough and belligerent enough to hold areas within countries, Turkey, Syria and Iraq have the largest Kurdish regions and populations. Also, there are 1.5 million Kurds living in diaspora, about half of them in Germany.

If you have travelled among Kurds you know that a large part of their cultural identity is connected to being tough and warlike. US military commanders have commented on the bravery and warrior ethos of the Kurdish fighters. Basically, the Kurds raise their kids on gunpowder the way southerners raise their kids on grits.

So now Trump double-crosses the Kurds who engaged to help the US in order to secure their own security.

He did this to a people who, over centuries, have seen themselves as isolated and friendless and needing to fight to live.

Blowback is coming.

And, given the history and nature of the aggrieved, we can expect the blowback to appear from time-to-time over decades.

Don’t be surprised if an isolated American base comes under fire. The number of dead from such an attack could dwarf what happened in the embassy in Benghazi, but the GOP might not care.)

Don’t be surprised to see attacks in the US. Consider this:

“On 17 February 2016, in Ankara, the capital of Turkey, at least 30 people died and 60 were injured in a bombing.[5] According to Turkish authorities, the attack targeted a convoy of shuttles…”

Read the entire wiki here:

2 Likes

I believe that is incorrect. The root cause of Muslim attacks on America are American cultural and economic imperialism. The US has manipulated ME governments to insure the free flow of oil. American culture has undermined Muslim cultural values. The “Muslim world” is shaped by America, in America’s image, for America’s benefit.

At least that is the position of the Arab/Iranian literary sources I read a some years ago.

The situation with the Palestinians is merely a piece of this larger picture, not nearly the whole of it.

2 Likes

Osama bin Laden emphasized infidel soldiers on holy (Saudi) soil. Bin Laden got his wish, we closed the airbase.

Trump is proposing offering that justification again.

Bin Laden died in 2001.
He was a CIA asset and had little to do with 911.
911 was an inside job.

As for Kurds and Turks, it is too early to say anything definite.
Politics is never what meets the eye.

Putin is now in Saudi Arabia selling Russian armament to Saudis. So among Trump, Putin, Assad and Erdogan, (and the Saudi ruler whatever his name and title is) they must have worked out a deal.

I’m wondering if there will be real combats between the Turks and Syrians, and not mock firefights.

1 Like

Yep, troops are being deployed to SA again.

The US has enough crude. It doesn’t require Saudi oil.
The US quarrel with Iran is manufactured.

What’s the real reason for the boots on ground then?
Israel.

President Trump made right choice to move US troops out of harms way.
Digi you Bitch if they were caught in a Artillery Barrage and there were casualties.
Dubya got our ASS in that mess in Iraq and look how stable that country is.
We can support the Kurds with weapons etc but the real problem is Erdogan. He should be slapped across the face and accept that the Kurds should have a autonomous state.

So, what are you trying to convey?

Stay out of other countries affairs or involve ourselves in them?

None of it is our business. Besides, have you noticed the state of affairs in America lately?

In LA in particular.
Chicago, DC, Detroit… all murder capitals

Well, if you want to just focus on a single issue.

We have to deal with the government’s in power.We may not like it , but we can’t change it. Those in the ME think on a far different level than we do. One step above primative savages.
Think of the public outcry and political fallout if those troops were attacked and incurred casualties. Would that be more acceptable to you??

The US has neither a UNSCR to legitimize it’s military operations in the ME and NA, nor any congressional declarations to authorize our military adventurism.

So let me put it this way. I agree with and support what Trump has had to say about US military involvement in the region, but not at all with what he’s doing.

No government is monolithic.
Even the Saudi king has different rich “princes” with different ideas and influences to deal with.

The US government has different players, least of which is the CIA which again has different factions.
There are rich Wall Street banksters who have a lot of say in the Trump administration and patriots (with Christian background), and various military generals, etc., etc.

I don’t know much about Turkey, but there was a fake coup not long time ago against Erdogan after which he managed to strengthened his grip on power.

Kurdish independence movement in Turkey constitutes a threat for Ankara for decades, but Kurds don’t seem to possess a coordinated action central, short of a government. (It seem Kurds in Iraq who got very rich in their quasi-autonomous region, Kurds in Syria and Kurds in Turkey don’t seem to talk to each — much — but who knows, there might be a coordinated effort underway to gain further autonomy.)

What do you mean by “fake”?

Gülen has suggested the coup was in fact a “self-coup” carried out by Erdoğan to consolidate his grip on power, an unevidenced theory shared among some analysts and Turks.[55][56][57]

Very, very suspicious.

Of course Gulen says that, and I suppose it could be true, it’s also obvious how he would be motivated to make the claim. So who knows. You certainly can’t prove it with anything, so it shouldn’t be referred to as a fake coup.

Digi the DELUSIONAL, have you read Boston Celtics player Enes Kanters comments on his family in Turkey???
Erdogan is hardly one for freedom.

I never said I would support Erdogan and his policies.

He was the one who was stealing crude from northern Syrian, involving his son and daughter.

OP

We (the UK) betrayed the Afghan interpreters too by denying them refugee status in this country, and left them to their fate at the hands of the Talibs as being traitors.