Impeachment Vote Completed - Trump Impeached

So much for them saying it was a solemn occasion.

1 Like

I hope the Republicans do the same thing to the next Democrat president.

Anyone catch this? By not sending the articles of impeachment to the Senate, can we now impeach HER for Obstructing Congress?!

Well then why would you complain about what Democrats have done?

Well, why should she when Mc Connell and Graham have already declared their verdict??? And Mc Connell has already said heā€™s coordinating with the defendantā€¦:flushed:

There is nothing preventing the Senate from holding all the witness testimonies anyway. The Senate should follow the process and proceed.

1 Like

They want to keep Trump from getting an acquittal before November 2020 electionā€¦just to stretch out the bad press on him.

The Senate should tell the House that there will be no House bills considered until the impeachment articles are sent.

Pelosi is a true political BITCH!

1 Like

Hmm! I wonder now what is going on with the USMC ratification vote? 2 days left in the legislative calendar, correct?

I know not. Has that already been sent to the Senate? If so, I think the Senate would vote on it quickly since President Trump wants it passed into law.

No it has not! Pelosi is the one who is holding it up! Think about that for a second! She is willing to screw the American workers in order to further her partyā€™s political agenda? This is a pretty big deal if she elects to hold up a trade treaty that has already been agreed to at least one year ago.

As interested observers will note the House never voted to authorize the full judicial impeachment process; instead they voted to approve an inquiry into whether an impeachment should take place. By not voting to authorize articles of impeachment the House never gained ā€˜ judicial enforcement authority ā€˜. The absence of judicial authority is now working its way through the courts in various cases.

It appears the absence of appointing House impeachment managers; and the decision to withhold sending the articles of impeachment to the Senate; is now a specific design.

As the process appears to be unfolding, the Lawfare contracted lawyers representing the House: chief legal counsel Douglas Letter, Barry Berke, Norm Eisen and Daniel Goldman will now argue before the courts that all of the constitutionally contended material is required as evidence for a pending judicial proceeding, a trial in the Senate.

What the house crew have assembled is an interesting back-door attempt to position a valid claim for evidence against the accused without having first gained judicial authority for it. The Lawfare crew will argue to the lower courts, and to SCOTUS, the blocked evidentiary material is critical evidence in a soon-to-be-held Senate trial.

The material they have been seeking is: (1) Mueller grand jury material; (2) a deposition by former White House counsel Don McGahn; and less importantly (3) Trump financial and tax records. Each of these issues is currently being argued in appellate courts (6e and McGahn) and the supreme court (financials/taxes).

There is a separate thread dedicated to this issue!

Well now itā€™s been added to your thread. I guess any thread that concerns impeachment gets moved here now.

Well to be fair, there are a lot of threads on impeachment, so originally when I created this thread I hesitated because I know Tyfoon and Patriot were looking to consolidate all of the threads to make one general impeachment thread so I had no idea where to put this.

Adam Schiff gets ambushed!

1 Like

Iā€™ve been thinking that too. I mean, if for example Trump had suspicions or worries about Bidenā€™s patriotism, or any other reasons to believe he wonā€™t make a fit and proper POTUS, did he not have to the right - even the duty? - to investigate, and find out one way or the other? I mean we all know how the Establishment have loathed The Donald from day one, so there would have been no point in him raising his concerns within official circles?

1 Like

The blowback is just beginning and it is going to get ugly and it should. If Repukes actually showed they has a spine we wouldnā€™t be in this situation in the first place.

Totally disgraceful!

The US House votes for impeachment. democrat

3 Likes